Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will work in the San Francisco office 2-3 days a week. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance if necessary.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re hiring a senior leader to drive strategic business partnerships for one of our most significant lines of business and to join the senior leadership of our Finance team. This role will report directly to the CFO, join the Grammarly Finance senior leadership team, and partner closely with Grammarly executives.
As a Senior Finance Director, you’ll excel by building strong cross-functional partnerships to drive better, faster decision-making while earning a reputation for a nuanced understanding of our business and ensuring peak performance consistently.
In this role you will:
- Develop business partnerships, forecasting, and optimizing performance for a critical and strategic business line. Your role will involve working closely with the leadership team to enhance user acquisition ROI, active user retention, upgrades, and paid user retention.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to drive user and revenue growth.
- Establish strong strategic business partnerships by recruiting, training, and mentoring a high-performing team and continuously identifying ways to increase its impact.
- Work in a dynamic, high-growth environment, driving rigorous, fact-based recommendations that drive better and faster decisions.
- Collaborate closely with the Finance team to enhance overall performance by optimizing financial forecasting and reporting.
- Provide expert guidance around related data, metrics, and business intelligence efforts.
- Join the Grammarly Finance senior leadership team, helping design, build, and tune a Finance organization that drives peak performance while meeting Grammarly’s rapidly growing needs.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco 4 weeks per quarter.
- Has a deep fluency in the acquisition and retention dynamics of scaled subscription/SaaS businesses.
- Thinks strategically and drives nuanced, detailed analyses.
- Has a collaboration mentality and can partner with and be an informed counterweight to deeply analytical and thoughtful leaders.
- Has experience with and passion for hyper-growth, dynamic, driven organizations.
- Successfully built high-impact teams in strategic business partnering, forecasting/FP&A, retention analytics, marketing analysis, or product support, ideally in a hyper-growth, resource-constrained environment.
- Effectively represents and explains Grammarly’s business both internally and externally.
- Has 15+ years of experience in strategic roles focused on building high-performing businesses. This is a senior role that reports directly to the CFO and is part of the Grammarly Finance senior leadership team.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.