Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced Strategic Finance Manager, Sales Finance to join our Strategic Finance team. The person in this role will report to our Grammarly Business Finance Lead and support our Grammarly Business leaders with financial insights and outlooks to make informed strategic and operational decisions as the company expands its enterprise offering.
We are seeking candidates who are highly analytical, detail-oriented, motivated, and dependable—and will thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires adaptability.
As a Strategic Finance Manager, GTM Finance, you will collaborate cross-functionally within finance and partner with sales leaders, revenue operations, product, and marketing to perform financial and strategic analyses to support decision-making and accelerate growth.
In this role, you will:
- Drive forecasting and annual planning for bookings, operating expenses, headcount, and performance optimization to support the scaling of Grammarly Business, focusing on the managed (sales-serve) channel.
- Provide analyses and insights into key metrics to serve as thought partners to the sales leaders of Grammarly’s enterprise product in their strategic and operational decision-making.
- Share valuable insights on operational and financial metrics as part of monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Provide financial and strategic perspectives on business planning workstreams, including commissions, sales compensation, and pricing/packaging.
- Assist with process and systems improvements to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 3 weeks per quarter.
- Has 5+ years of experience in sales finance or revenue focused Strategic Finance at a SaaS company, Strategic Finance, FP&A, equity research, private equity, hedge fund, investment banking, or corporate finance.
- Is highly analytical and detail-oriented, with a strong aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem-solving involving financial modeling and working with large data sets.
- Has experience and passion for hyper-growth SaaS and/or enterprise software business models and collaborating with SaaS sales teams.
- Proficient in using SQL to obtain data to support decision-making; Databricks and Tableau experience are a plus but not required.
- Has proven experience working cross-functionally and is a thoughtful collaborator and great listener, keenly focused on understanding business challenges, building strong relationships, and driving impact.
- Can communicate complex financial concepts with precision and clarity
- Displays a high level of genuine curiosity about our business, exhibits eagerness to learn, and is biased toward action.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly. Move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.