Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków.
We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Grammarly team members in this role are required to live within a daily commutable distance to San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a People Partner to join our People team. Our People Partners provide strategic business partnerships and coaching, and also develop people-related solutions to meet critical business needs. This is a hands-on role — People Partners understand our business, goals, EAGER values, and culture to develop, implement, and continually improve solutions that positively shape the Grammarly team member experience.
The People Partner team plays an essential role in collaborating with leaders to deliver people-related programs and solutions, coaching and up-leveling our management team, and shaping the experience of our team members across offices. This role will partner closely with a team of People Partners, as well as with global company leaders and the management team in our North American offices. We’re looking for someone who will thrive in a collaborative, high-growth environment and who is passionate about building People programs and processes.
- Within your first 30 days, you will onboard and dive into Grammarly's current People philosophies, practices, and processes.
- By month three, you will take over partnership and coaching of the functions and departments for which you are the People Partner (e.g., Sales, and Marketing).
- By month six, you will build our management team’s capacity through coaching, training, and programs.
- By month nine, you will meaningfully contribute to the strategy of the teams you support as a People Partner and to the direction of the People Partner team.
- Beyond your first year, you will foster excellence in the support, motivation, retention, and growth of our talent.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco 3 weeks per quarter.
- Applies knowledge of business and of various functions, departments, and talent to advance people-related strategies and programs.
- Demonstrates outstanding judgment and makes consistent good decisions for the company and our team members.
- Has been an effective partner and coach to senior-level leadership.
- Effectively coaches managers and team members to build their skill sets over time.
- Is intrigued by the unique qualities of people and has a gift for figuring out how different people can work together productively.
- Knows firsthand the challenges of a growth stage company and anticipates the problems of scaling. Is adaptable and curious.
- Has experience designing, implementing, and using effective HR processes.
- Communicates clearly and empathetically both face-to-face and in writing.
- (As a nice-to-have) Has specific experience in organization design, learning and development, change management, and diversity and inclusion.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing excellent health care (including mental health and fertility benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, caregiver and pet care stipends, wellness stipends, 401(k) matching (US only), admission discounts, learning and development opportunities, and more.
- For San Francisco–based employment: Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, meaning pay may vary depending on your location. Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our compensation packages include equity; a wide range of medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance options; retirement benefits; and parental leave. We offer twenty days of paid time off per year (global), eleven days of paid holidays per year (US and Canada), and unlimited sick days (global).
The expected salary range for this position is outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $176,000 – $226,000 (USD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.