Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków.
We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Grammarly team members in this role are required to live within a daily commutable distance to San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Grammarly Business Growth team. Grammarly has built a successful product that empowers millions of individuals to achieve better outcomes through their writing. With Grammarly Business, we are expanding upon our mission by helping businesses, organizations, enterprises, and other professional teams achieve business results through better communication. As high-stakes communication is central to workplaces and business outcomes, success in this area is a top priority for Grammarly.
The Grammarly Business Growth team plays a key role in Grammarly’s mission to support businesses in creating clear, consistent, and effective communication. The team is responsible for building and improving the experiences that connect professionals, buyers, and admins with Grammarly Business’s product value, maximizing the acquisition, activation, expansion, and retention of business customers.
As a Product Manager on Grammarly Business Growth, you will play a critical role in building and executing the product strategy and roadmap for the team. You’ll be able to operate at scale from day one, finding the optimal balance between rapid experimentation and big bets.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with a dedicated engineering team to build product experiences that drive growth across the user journey—including free-to-paid upsells, in-product onboarding, and team expansion.
- Own a pillar of the team’s roadmap, adapting it as you test hypotheses and incorporate new insights.
- Collaborate with the Data Science and User Research teams to identify user-centered opportunities to grow Grammarly Business.
- Partner with go-to-market leaders to ensure that our combined efforts are maximizing our impact on long-term growth.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco 3 weeks per quarter.
- Has a proven track record of driving product-led growth initiatives (ideally, in a successful B2B SaaS environment).
- Demonstrates the ability to drive projects in partnership with cross-functional teams, with an emphasis on prioritization and communication, as well as a bias toward action and results.
- Is highly strategic and hands-on when needed. Has the ability to see and plan for the mid and long-term, connecting priorities to the company and product vision and translating that into an actionable roadmap.
- Has deep knowledge and command of product usage metrics and analytics.
- Can simplify, articulate, and design customer journeys and product flows with a user-centered approach.
- Is an exceptional problem solver and thrives in ambiguity, with an attitude that embraces the twists and turns of any early product initiative.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing excellent health care (including mental health and fertility benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, caregiver and pet care stipends, wellness stipends, 401(k) matching (US only), admission discounts, learning and development opportunities, and more.
- For San Francisco–based employment: Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, meaning pay may vary depending on your location. Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our compensation packages include equity; a wide range of medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance options; retirement benefits; and parental leave. We offer twenty days of paid time off per year (global), eleven days of paid holidays per year (US and Canada), and unlimited sick days (global).
The expected salary range for this position is outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.