Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków.
We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Grammarly team members in this role are required to live within a daily commutable distance to San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, over 30 million people and 50,000 teams around the world rely on our AI-powered communication assistance technology. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Director, People Partner who will lead a global team of People Partners to support our global Marketing, Sales, and Corporate leaders and organizations. This role will surface people-related insights to leaders, create strategies, and coach them to deliver results in team member retention, engagement, productivity, and experience. They will build a team of People Partners and manage them to deliver effective people programs and processes and to continually improve the performance and experience of Grammarly’s team members.
The Director, People Partner will be a partner to senior leaders, including Grammarly’s VP of Marketing, Head of Organizations Revenue, CFO, Head of Legal, and their direct reports. They will be responsible for building a People Partner team to support their team members globally, to help us grow our team significantly over the next couple of years.
As Director, People Partner, your role will partner closely across our People team, including with our Head of Learning & Development, Total Rewards Lead, Head of Recruiting, and People Operations teams. You will report to and work closely with the leader of our Talent Management teams to evolve our strategy and approaches for assessing, planning, managing, and developing talent as well as our People Partners supporting our Marketing, Sales, and G&A teams. You will manage the People Partner team for broad and critical portions of our organization, giving you a platform for strategic leadership and impact. You will have an impact on both Grammarly’s consumer and Grammarly Business–focused teams, directly influencing our ability to effectively scale during a period of high growth.
- Within your first 30 days, you will deep dive into Grammarly’s current People philosophies, practices, and processes. You will engage in listening conversations with leaders and stakeholders company-wide. You will build an understanding of Grammarly’s goals and strategies as well as the priorities for the teams that you support.
- By month three, you will evaluate the health of the functions and the competencies of the leaders you are supporting and build a prioritized plan of actions or projects. You will build trusting coaching relationships with leaders, finding quick wins to demonstrate value.
- By month six, you will have built a roadmap with leadership buy-in for the People Partners and talent strategies to support their partner functions. You will have built strong relationships with your direct reports, enabling you to guide them through the implementation of our cyclical People programs, i.e., feedback and performance review, promotions, compensation, onboarding, etc.
- By the end of year one, you will be integrated into the planning, organizational design, and building of your partner functions. You will lead talent strategies and influence roadmaps, hiring plans, succession planning, and change management.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has impeccable leadership and organizational savvy to drive people-related and business outcomes while navigating cross-functional stakeholders and leaders.
- Delivers people-related insights and coaching to company leaders to identify opportunities to develop themselves and their teams to enable Grammarly’s goals.
- Builds People Partner relationships with leaders and their direct reports to evolve the business and identifies and helps to address systemic issues.
- Builds and leads a global team of People Partners to continually improve the management and functioning of the teams they support, and to implement people-related programs for feedback and performance review, performance management, top talent identification and retention, and more.
- Partners with the Recruiting team and leaders to prioritize headcount and attract top talent that aligns with the company’s needs and embodies our EAGER values.
- Has experience with organizational design, including defining roles, evolving structure, and adapting workflows to a continually changing team.
- Delivers sound judgment and has experience in employee relations, employee and manager coaching, performance management, top talent programs, and building diverse teams and inclusive environments, ideally in a global growth-stage organization with 1,000+ employees.
- Provides firsthand experience with sales organizations, including structures, roles, teams, sales enablement, and scaling with enterprise business growth.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust and give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.