Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków.
We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Grammarly team members in this role are required to live within a daily commutable distance to San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Group Product Manager, Mobile to head our team of product managers across Android and iOS. On mobile, Grammarly has an opportunity to help a new set of users communicate. With billions of users communicating on their mobile devices, this role will leverage our deep understanding and capabilities around communication to help a new set of users with their unique communication goals and challenges.
This role will be responsible for Grammarly’s Strategy and Product teams across the suite of mobile product offerings we have today—such as the Grammarly Keyboard, the Grammarly iPhone Editor, and Grammarly for Safari on iPhone—and product partnerships with the Grammarly for Samsung Keyboard. This role offers an opportunity to work on early-stage product-development projects, refine and drive new strategies, set the Mobile team up for success, build out the user-facing portions of the product, and collaborate closely on early research initiatives with our NLP/ML team, among other things.
As a Group Product Manager, you’ll be working on a newer product space at Grammarly and be integral in shaping the multiyear product and business opportunity for Grammarly. You will work closely with the team to leverage foundational insights to understand new user segments and opportunities and evolve our overall vision and strategy for mobile. You’ll also have a chance to work closely with and help mentor the product managers on the Mobile team.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with our User Research team and other cross-functional teams to more clearly define the critical user segments, locations, and focus for our mobile efforts.
- Develop a detailed, high-conviction vision and strategy based on user insights and market and technology opportunities for our mobile offerings across Grammarly.
- Define the path to zero-to-one product development for new opportunities on mobile and help the team through any twists and turns.
- Partner cross-functionally on go-to-market efforts for new initiatives.
- Manage and mentor a team of product managers, ensure the team is set up for success, and grow it as needed.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Is passionate about building great, user-centric experiences for users around the world.
- Can set a multiyear vision and strategy for new areas.
- Values managing and mentoring product managers and setting them up for success.
- Collaborates closely with cross-functional partners and teams.
- Can break down complex problems and concepts and communicate them effectively with their working group and in the product.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing excellent health care (including mental health and fertility benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, caregiver and pet care stipends, wellness stipends, 401(k) matching (US only), admission discounts, learning and development opportunities, and more.
- For San Francisco–based employment: Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, meaning pay may vary depending on your location. Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our compensation packages include equity; a wide range of medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance options; retirement benefits; and parental leave. We offer twenty days of paid time off per year (global), eleven days of paid holidays per year (US and Canada), and unlimited sick days (global).
The expected salary range for this position is outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.