Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model, which combines the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of gathering in person. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few times every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Canada or the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, over 30 million people and 50,000 teams around the world rely on our AI-powered communication assistance technology. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Brand Designer with motion skills to join our Brand Design team. The person in this role will work primarily with team members in the Design and Marketing organizations. This opportunity is for a designer who can adapt to our current processes, someone who can continue to raise the bar on creative excellence.
Grammarly’s Brand Design team is made up of Brand Visual Designers, UI Designers, Brand Writers, Content Designers, Standards Editors, Technical Writers, and Design Operations—including Creative Producers. In the Product organization, the Design team (Brand Design, Product Design, and Human Insights Research) has the unique opportunity to define how people interact with our product and how our brand comes to life in every interaction and iteration. We are passionate and nerdy about all things design—including typography, branding, and motion.
As a multidisciplinary Brand Designer on our team, you will collaborate closely with other Brand Designers, Writing and Content Designers, Growth Designers, Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and Design Operations. You will deliver on prioritized product initiatives where Brand Design can contribute to the overall user journey. You will contribute to the Design Leadership team’s vision of how we continue to define, shape, and grow Grammarly’s Brand Design system. You will focus on how the brand experience plays a significant part in building a dynamic brand-identity system in its current state, as well as in its future state with a brand refresh. You will help shape how Grammarly’s brand becomes recognizable and notable as one of the best design-first brands in the world.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver work from start to finish autonomously as well as in a team, with a focus on UI, web design, and email design.
- Develop storytelling through motion from storyboarding animations, such as product depictions and demos.
- Collaborate with leads on the Product Design and Brand Design teams to implement consistent, engaging experiences.
- Collaborate with all functions on the Design team to maintain a cohesive, consistent experience wherever our brand comes to life.
- Ideate on creative experiments that will be tested for performance.
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues who focus on emails, websites, and product features.
- Help create a new icon and illustration library for our product and websites.
- Report to a Brand Design Manager.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a designer on growing design teams.
- Has product experience (working in a component-based design system), motion skills (Lottie animations), and foundational skills in visual brand design (typography, color, composition, and illustration).
- Harnesses solid written and verbal communication to encourage alignment across functions and departments.
- Is excited about working with ambiguity and being part of a cross-functional team.
- Approaches the design process without ego.
- Focuses relentlessly on our customers’ needs and wants and can add delight to any experience with motion and animation.
- Understands how to be proactive in seeking and providing opportunities to improve the skills and experiences that will help elevate the work we do.
- Knows how to receive and give design feedback and improve quickly.
- Has skills in Figma, core Adobe Creative Cloud apps (AI, INDD, PSD, AE), and—as a bonus—HTML and CSS.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Employment Equity Act.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.