Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model, which combines the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of gathering in person. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few times every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Canada or the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, over 30 million people and 50,000 teams around the world rely on our AI-powered communication assistance technology. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an exceptional and experienced Front-End Software Engineer to join our Grammarly for Developers team. This role, and the rest of the team, will be responsible for building out Grammarly’s new product offering, which will not only allow other companies to build a Grammarly experience into their product but also unlock an opportunity to leverage partnerships for Grammarly.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Front-End Software Engineer on the Grammarly for Developers team, you’ll make a significant impact on writing outcomes for millions of users. You’ll also help drive business metrics by delivering existing and new Grammarly experiences to more users via Grammarly for Developers.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for shipping Grammarly platform features from conception to design, prototype, implementation, and launch.
- Build a delightful developer-platform experience comprising effective landing pages, easy-to-use integration configuration panels, informative documentation portals, and insightful dashboards.
- Build protective measures against API misuse and incorporate rigorous security controls to protect end users’ data.
- Work closely with partners to understand requirements, brainstorm, and prototype solutions.
- Join a new team and focus on building solutions for a new market segment.
- Have the unique opportunity to help build the Grammarly for Developers Engineering team from the ground up through interviewing, onboarding, and mentoring new team members.
- Help establish long-term relationships between Engineering teams at Grammarly and partner companies.
- Work with back-end and infrastructure technologies.
- Create an engineering culture with a strong emphasis on documentation, testing, and user experience.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has 3+ years of experience working on a popular OSS project, developer platform, highly scalable consumer product, or enterprise SaaS product.
- Has a good knowledge of computer-science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures.
- Has experience working on fast-paced teams.
- Cares about the end-user experience and strives to ensure high quality.
- Has—as a bonus—experience supporting a developer community.
- Has—also as a bonus—experience addressing feature requests and bug reports.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust and give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Employment Equity Act.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.