Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Please note our Kyiv hub is currently closed, but we hope the time comes soon when we can reunite with team members there. We continue to provide support to our Ukraine team members displaced within and outside of Ukraine.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for engineers with a background in .NET and Windows application development to join our Grammarly for Windows team. This team is responsible for the end-to-end development of a product offering that helps deliver Grammarly’s sophisticated AI system to Windows users. These engineers will collaborate with product and design professionals, as well as other engineers who get excited by creativity and exploration. The challenge for this role is to pioneer innovative and maintainable solutions—to enhance the performance and stability of the product offering to support the fast-growing number of users.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
We aim to help users achieve their goals anywhere they communicate. That’s why we have integrated Grammarly with the Windows platform: to make effective and mistake-free writing even more ubiquitous. As part of the Grammarly for Windows team, you will build solutions to enhance the overall architecture, improve stability and performance of the product offering, and increase the number of supported integrations.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to creating the foundation of a robust and well-thought-out architecture.
- Innovate to break through technical limitations and deliver delightful features.
- Build nontrivial UX solutions with complex UI elements.
- Achieve minimum latency while working with complex documents.
- Ensure the product is performant by applying your knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Use C#, .NET, and WPF in work while employing best engineering practices.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has strong knowledge of the C# programming language and .NET framework.
- Has strong knowledge of OOD and OOP.
- Has strong knowledge and practical experience with multithreading (TPL, asynchronous computations).
- Is excited about finding an optimal solution in situations of uncertainty.
- Enjoys fast-paced delivery and a consistent feedback loop.
- Has experience developing desktop applications for Windows using WPF.
- Also has experience in C++, Win32, and COM API.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.