Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced Front-End Engineer to join the Engineering team at Grammarly Business. The Grammarly Business team is building solutions for small business and enterprise customers to bring the power of Grammarly to all their employees. We are currently building powerful self-service tools for users and admins, with large ambitions to build tools that directly improve communication in the workplace.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
Grammarly Business is a fast-growing team and company priority in 2022. There will be many opportunities for growth and ownership as we move fast to build solutions for businesses and their employees.
As a Front-End Engineer and member of this team, you will:
- Play a critical role in building core parts of the Grammarly Business product offering and core infrastructure.
- Have the unique opportunity to build and grow the Grammarly Business Engineering team. This includes interviewing and mentoring new team members.
- Start building and pushing code in your first week and ship impactful features in your first few months.
- Create an engineering culture with a strong emphasis on documentation, testing, metrics, and user experience.
- Move fast to support enterprise customers and new features on our roadmap.
- Build services in React and TypeScript and collaborate with other engineering teams to work across Grammarly’s platform.
- Work on a full spectrum of projects, including funnel pages, account management interfaces, scalable back-end services, and new features for users in our extensions.
- Introduce new technologies and internal tools to help us build features faster.
- Work on projects that directly impact key business metrics.
- Have the option to learn and contribute to back-end services in Java, Spring Boot, and AWS.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has solid software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has experience with ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar UI frameworks.
- Is ready to tackle infrastructure challenges when needed.
- Knows modern web client development and testing tools.
- Has a good understanding and practical knowledge of continuous integration and delivery methods.
- Has experience running experiments or A/B tests to test product hypotheses.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $111,000 to $239,000 year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.