Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role are required to live within a daily commutable distance to San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
This role may require up to one day per week in the San Francisco hub.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Manager, Information Technology (IT), to join our Engineering team. This role will lead the North America Helpdesk and System Engineering teams with a focus on scaling our corporate infrastructure and services.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As the Manager, Information Technology (IT), you will oversee the governance, deployment, configuration management, and security of third-party SaaS providers. As Grammarly grows, there is a huge opportunity to revisit the systems, processes, and policies currently in place to make sure that they will work effectively at scale. You will engage with business units across the company in support of information governance and to ensure the integrity of data flows between integrated systems. This role will have full ownership of Corporate Services (IT) projects and implementation by creating the infrastructure of data, systems, and processes to support Grammarly’s growth.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the team that owns mission-critical services and navigates the function through a hyper-growth stage, thus setting our business up for success.
- Maintain and further evolve delightful self-service experience and automation-first principles in a cloud-native organization.
- Hire a best-in-class team with a user-centric mindset that is capable of solving scaling and productivity challenges.
- Set your team members up for success by identifying their strengths and areas for growth.
- Maintain written documentation that people are willing to read.
- Apply a metric-driven approach when making decisions on priorities and track employee satisfaction (NPS) as well as quantify productivity gains.
- Maintain the team’s ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution service level agreements (SLAs).
- Monitor critical service uptimes and ensure service availability, including backup channels.
- Co-own a strategic vision and roadmap for Corporate Services.
- Be security champion in implementing cutting-edge solutions to protect our team members and services from sophisticated attack scenarios, while also being a close partner to our GRC team in our Compliance program (ISO, SOC2, PCI DSS, and others).
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco 4 weeks per quarter.
- Is passionate about security, infrastructure, cloud platforms, IT systems, and automation.
- Has experience with modern enterprise SaaS stack (e.g., Okta, Jamf, AWS, Atlassian, etc.).
- Has experience building lab environments for Apple and Microsoft ecosystems.
- Is looking for an opportunity to help business scale as it goes through a hypergrowth stage.
- Has experience providing a delightful user experience to 1,000+ employees.
- Has excellent executive-level communication and documentation skills.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.