Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Content Designer to strategize the content and write the words that attract, onboard, and continuously engage the people who use Grammarly. In partnership with product designers, product managers, engineers, linguists, and other stakeholders across the company, the Content Designer will be directly responsible for the written experience—from onboarding flows to account hubs, from delightful product success states to the communication suggestions themselves—that help people all over the world improve their writing.
As a content designer at Grammarly, you’ll build on an existing body of work and help our team evolve the content design discipline and practice.
- Within your first 30 days, you’ll become immersed in Grammarly’s product strategy, design philosophy, and existing user experiences and begin to build relationships with your cross-functional teammates.
- By month three, you’ll be working confidently within the product design process and advocating for the voice of Grammarly users with your peers and stakeholders. You’ll have created and released content for one or more product offerings and be developing a vision for product content language within your areas of responsibility.
- By month six, you’ll have influenced design processes at Grammarly alongside your many collaborators on the Design, Writing, Marketing, and Product teams. You’ll start to form and test hypotheses about user needs and opportunities within your areas of responsibility.
- By year one, you’ll be conceiving, testing, and designing solutions to communication challenges at scale. You’ll have established a consistent content strategy for your areas of responsibility across interfaces and user touchpoints.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has significant experience in UX writing, product content strategy, and/or content design.
- Has excellent writing and editing skills; can make text short and friendly without sacrificing grammar and quality.
- Can articulate the reasoning behind their content design choices.
- Has experience working with design teams and contributing to design efforts.
- Leans into a big-picture mindset that considers content within the entire user experience.
- Can manage multiple projects with variable scopes and deadlines, from needs assessment to delivery.
- Has a portfolio of UX-focused writing work that demonstrates their approach to the user-centered design process.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $87,000–$168,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.