Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Please note our Kyiv hub is currently closed, but we hope the time comes soon when we can reunite with team members there. We continue to provide support to our Ukraine team members displaced within and outside of Ukraine.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for a Helpdesk Engineer to join our IT team. This role will help Grammarly organize our first line of support through the initial analysis, administration, and troubleshooting of end-user requests. The Helpdesk Engineer will process and provide prompt responses to requests through Grammarly’s ticketing system, email, and other communication channels while working closely with all teams at Grammarly: Engineering, Security, IT, Customer Support, Marketing, Legal, and others across all global offices.
The person in this role will learn modern IT cloud services, such as Okta, Jamf, AWS, JIRA, and Confluence, as well as the latest technical solutions for data availability and security. This person will cooperate with the Engineering teams based on the ITSM model. They will also have the opportunity to adopt more technologies and services and grow further within the IT team.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As an IT Helpdesk Engineer at Grammarly, you will help to build solid first-line support within the Grammarly IT organization by processing end-user requests quickly through proper prioritization and queue management. You will cooperatively work with the team to increase customer satisfaction and assist in helping the company adopt knowledge-management practices and IT process automation to transition toward more self-service protocols.
In this role, you will:
- Provide comprehensive end-user support to facilitate smooth IT services.
- Receive, log, and respond appropriately to requests through Grammarly’s ticketing system, email, and other communication channels while liaising with all IT Support engineers.
- Provide technical support for requests relating to accounts, services, hardware, and software.
- Identify common issues or patterns based on incidents and problem requests.
- Coordinate emergency responses in a proficient and professional manner.
- Improve the knowledge-management process and keep Grammarly’s knowledge base up to date.
- Regularly review and monitor established performance indicators.
- Continuously work to improve the quality of service.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has at least 1 year of experience working in IT technical support.
- Is familiar with ITSM applications.
- Has experience with enterprise administration and troubleshooting for macOS.
- Has knowledge of cloud infrastructure and security.
- Has experience with SSO solutions.
- Has experience with audio- and videoconferencing applications.
- Has experience with corporate networks (active network, Wi-Fi, VPN).
- Is, as a bonus, familiar with ITIL or has a computer science degree or IT certifications.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.