Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to join our Sales team. This role will be responsible for driving net new sales and the growth of Grammarly Business in the enterprise segment, with a focus on named accounts in the region. As one of Grammarly’s first Enterprise Account Executives, the person in this role will pioneer some of Grammarly’s largest deals by landing new logos and formalizing enterprise-wide relationships with companies that already have hundreds or thousands of employees who use Grammarly.
The person in this role will report to the Enterprise Sales Manager and will have a say in how the field-sales organization is built out. They will also set precedents for what Grammarly’s future Enterprise Account Executives will be expected to do, as well as how they’ll be supported by the Marketing, Product, Sales, Engineering, Legal, and Finance teams.
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will work with leadership to unlock new relationships at large organizations and evolve Grammarly’s B2B revenue engine. You’ll have a named set of accounts to work from, in addition to inbound sales opportunities. You’ll also have support from our growing Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and Engineering teams to maximize the value and success of your efforts.
Over the next few years, Grammarly seeks to establish and grow a team of Enterprise Account Executives. As a pioneering member of that team, you’ll have opportunities to manage future AEs, if that career path interests you.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate sales excellence by pioneering Grammarly’s revenue motions.
- Get creative with marketing and sales-ecosystem resources.
- Prove and refine a next-generation sales approach for large deals.
- Help refine the messaging and positioning of Grammarly Business to best support sales.
- Inform the product roadmap for Grammarly Business to unlock faster growth.
- Join a rapidly growing sales organization.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Is passionate about building a team from the ground up.
- Has experience selling at the C-level.
- Knows how to sell business value and goes beyond a feature list.
- Understands a multi-threaded sales approach and can perform it across organizations and in referrals
- Relentlessly sets and pursues short- and long-term goals.
- Identifies opportunities and works through challenges.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Can effectively leverage in-house expert knowledge to close deals.
- Can accurately make monthly and quarterly sales commits and projections.
- Is comfortable closing a large variety of deals.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $231,250–$268,250/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.