Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced finance professional to join our Strategic Finance team as a Sales Finance Senior Manager. The high-impact role will report to our Head of Strategic Finance and support our Grammarly Business leaders with financial insights and outlooks to make informed strategic and operational decisions as the company expands its enterprise offering.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail-oriented, motivated, and dependable—and will thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires adaptability.
As Sales Finance Senior Manager, you will collaborate closely with our Head of Organizations Revenue, Head of Revenue Operations, and executives throughout the sales organization to perform financial and strategic analyses and processes that are foundational to supporting Grammarly Business.
In this role, you will:
- Build and drive financial planning for Grammarly Business, with responsibility for bookings and operating expenses, and report monthly and quarterly operational and financial metrics.
- Serve as a thought partner to our Grammarly Business leaders in their strategic and operational decision-making by providing analyses and key performance indicators.
- Partner on commissions and sales compensation.
- Collaborate on pricing and discounting guidelines.
- Assist with process and systems improvements to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has 5+ years of experience in a top investment bank, management consulting firm, private equity firm, hedge fund, or corporate finance or FP&A role at a tech company.
- Is experienced with SaaS and/or enterprise software business models and working with SaaS sales teams.
- Displays a high level of genuine curiosity about our business, asks lots of questions, exhibits eagerness to learn, and has a bias toward action.
- Is a thoughtful collaborator and great listener who is keenly focused on understanding business challenges, building strong relationships, and driving even stronger outcomes.
- Shows high aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem-solving that uses financial modeling, including strong skills with spreadsheets.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, including skills in PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- Is comfortable with handling large sets of data.
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with financial planning and enterprise resource planning tools (e.g., Adaptive, Anaplan, and Netsuite).
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, and SQL.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $94,000 –- $184,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.