Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Starting in 2022, teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our San Francisco hub must be based in the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Revenue Operations team focused on our New Business segment. This role will manage and harness the data used across Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to unlock growth opportunities, deliver ongoing analyses to guide funnel optimizations, increase sales efficiency, and bring transparency to the performance of our enterprise business. The Data Analyst will create, maintain, and analyze all data in Salesforce through reporting and dashboards while analyzing and monitoring key metrics and indicators for sales productivity, account acquisition, and our product-led growth model. As a member of the Revenue Operations team, they will provide key insights about industry, use-case, and product usage trends to help guide Grammarly’s growth efforts.
Grammarly’s B2B efforts are still in an early phase of scaling, and this will be a founding role on the RevOps team. In your work with sales data, you will lay important groundwork and have a massive impact on the functional team, the sales organization, and the entire company. You will work with the Data Science, Growth, Go-To-Market, and Engineering teams to develop deep data analytical skills and understandings to tell compelling data-driven stories. You will advocate and champion effective data approaches and services for Grammarly’s B2B efforts.
- Within your first 30 days, you will meet the team and internalize the Grammarly Business go-to-market models. You will establish relationships with key collaborators, including Grammarly Business and marketing leads, data scientists, product managers, and the Sales team. You will complete a small report with well-articulated and actionable data insights. You will take ownership of north-star metrics and create product, sales, and marketing dashboards in Tableau.
- Within your first 90 days, you will become fully proficient in querying our internal tools and understanding all of Grammarly Business’s key metrics. You will start collaborating cross-functionally to help fulfill data requests on new business-related projects. You will complete one in-depth data report with well-articulated and actionable insights. You will also establish a comprehensive template for reporting monthly and quarterly progress updates.
- By six months in, you will be the go-to person for all new business analysis needs or analyses that rely on third-party data. You will be able to independently fulfill all tailored data requests from managed accounts. You will have a clear understanding of data needs from the go-to-market team and collaborate with data scientists and engineers to begin automating these processes (where possible).
- By the end of the first year, you will build analyses aimed at generating insights to optimize sales funnels—this will involve integrating third-party data with internal data sources. You will be comfortably set up and will have ongoing collaborations with data scientists and engineers to help automate data needs.
- By the end of year two, you will be the go-to expert on new business data for Grammarly.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has a positive, learning mindset along with a detail-oriented, analytical approach to solving problems.
- Is responsible and resourceful—and can be relied upon to push projects forward for other teams even when there is incomplete data or resources.
- Loves to collaborate and work cross-functionally: The Data Analyst - New Business will be interacting with many people and teams across the company, including team leaders.
- Has experience with (and thoroughly enjoys) diving into data.
- Can use data analysis skills to improve understanding of business metrics while working proactively to identify and address limitations.
- Has experience with Tableau, SQL, and Excel (or equivalent software)—prior experience with programming languages is a plus but not required.
- Knows their way around Salesforce Sales Cloud (or has equivalent experience with a different CRM).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.