This is a fully remote position (we’ve been remote even before the pandemic)
We are looking for candidates in EMEA time zones due to the setup of the team and the stakeholders we work with.
The Business Applications team at Grafana
- The Business Applications team works together with our Cloud, Enterprise and Grafana teams to provide the best possible experience for our customers and most efficient workflow for our staff.
- We build on the grafana.com platform to provide custom solutions and integrate with the many external systems that make up a modern business environment.
- This role is with our Marketplaces squad within the Business Applications team. This squad is responsible for building applications that allow Grafana customers to subscribe to our services offered on our partner marketplaces AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- We also integrate with these marketplaces to manage the metering and billing on the usage by our customers
What you’ll work on
- Take an active role in influencing our roadmap and your own career objectives
- Drive projects from initial ideation all the way to operations once it is in the hands of stakeholders
- Embrace our open-source culture and contribute to other projects that may not directly fall within your team’s scope
- Design, build, operate, and maintain our critical systems, owning the reliability, performance, and availability
- Be a part of your team’s on-call rotations and take ownership of the services you’re running
- Mentor and support other team members, participate in design discussions and collaborate with the team
This role and the team are a good fit for you if
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key.
- You are comfortable in a collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful environment.
- You value autonomy and enabling decisions over committees and red tape.
- You work well within a team in an agile setup and you're driven to help oth ers.
- You like to mentor and teach others, especially the junior members of the team.
- Although you can drive your work independently, you also know when to reach out for help.
- You care deeply about user experience and the quality of the products that you work on.
- You have interests in full-stack development and working in DevOps environments.
We understand that you may not have experience on all of the above technologies. Please do apply even if you do not match some of the above criteria.
Our hiring process
- Video chat with 1 of our Talent Managers (30 mins)
- Video chat with 1 of our Hiring Managers (45 - 60 mins)
- Live coding session over a real world problem with 2 Engineers (60 mins)
- Project Deep Dive interview to talk about a past project/system you worked/built on (60 mins)
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.