We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a US Payroll Manager to join Grafana Labs. The successful candidate will be someone who is looking to build a payroll team from the group up, create payroll guidelines and manage the function in a rapidly growing company. This position will report to the Director, Global Payroll and work closely with our People & Accounting team.
- Oversee semi-monthly payroll processing for multi-state employees
- Responsible for leading, training, and mentoring payroll team members
- Partner with the People Team to develop payroll best practices, guidelines and procedures
- Understand payroll strategies and deliver recommendations for improving payroll process
- Support accounting for all payroll related journal entries during month end close
- Reconcile all payroll GL related accounts, payroll liabilities, PTO liability, etc
- Partner with People team to ensure proper integration of Payroll and HR system
- Support SOX key controls and quarterly reviews
- Verify and analyze W2-s prior to distribution
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- 8-10 years minimum experience of multi-state payroll in both public and private companies
- Solid working knowledge of Workday Payroll and Excel
- Experience in system implementation and/or migration
- Excellent organizational skills and able to prioritize tasks and shift gears on short notice
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Maintain confidential information and professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records
- Detail oriented, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of labor and payroll tax laws and regulations
- CPP designation a plus but not required
- Knowledge and experience with ISO’s, NSO’s, RSU’s and ESPP a plus
- Experience in startup, fast-growing company strongly preferred
- Located in the US
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is 116,000 - $140,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.