We do two things - secure Grafana Labs; the company behind the Grafana project, and we build out our security observability platform and product.
What will you be doing?
- 12 week internship embedded in our Security Engineering team
- Working on real life projects, for example
- Extensions for vulnerability management systems
- Tooling for security engineering education
- Visualizations for security observability
- Become an active part of a globally distributed group of interns
- Train on how to be successful in a global remote environment
- Regularly meet with a mentor to get all the support you need
- Take an active role in defining your own objectives
- Actively participate in technical discussion
- Dive deep into a part of our codebase
- Embrace our open-source culture and be brave to contribute to open source projects
- Gain a deeper understanding of our products and customers
- Present some of your learnings at the end of your internship
As we are remote-first, we provide guidance and meet regularly using video calls, so an independent attitude and solid communication skills are a must.
What are we looking for in you?
- You are curious about security and software engineering
- You are a motivated self starter with a bias towards action
- You are user focused. We build everything with our users in mind. You have a passion for creating intuitive products that fit customers’ needs
- Pragmatism. You are excited to take on complex challenges and break them down to achieve tight learning loops
- Collaboration and communication: The smallest unit we have is a squad. You’ll be working with your teammates in a fully remote setup. Solid communication skills are a must
- Interest to work with security and software engineering
- Some experience with at least one programming language.
- Some experience with Git and Linux.
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to security tooling / scanners
- Experience with any Grafana products
- Some experience of security research / ctf / pentesting
What we offer?
- Work on a motivated, highly engaged remote team that’s supportive and open to constructive feedback
- Projects that give you the feeling of making an impact both on our community and your colleagues.
- Exciting mission and strategy to make an open platform for metrics, logs and tracing accessible to everyone.
- We want you to come away with a great security product development story and PRs merged into Grafana’s open source repos
Internship Program Information:
- Applications Open: September 28, 2022
- Application Review Starts: October 17, 2022
- Ability to work full-time for Summer 2023
- You are currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date in 2024
- This will be a paid internship