Are you looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Love to innovate? This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading observability company in a high-growth phase. We’re looking for an experienced, versatile, and highly motivated Support Engineer to join the team.
As a Support Engineer, you'll be a member of the fast-growing Customer Experience team, and be responsible for providing specialized support for Grafana Labs customers. You'll support the entire observability stack, from front-end Grafana panels to metrics, logs, and traces. In this role, you’ll also get hands-on experience with a multitude of unique open source projects providing extensive learning opportunities within our Cloud, Enterprise, and Open Source offerings. This position will be focused on our EMEA Customer coverage.
What you'll be doing:
- Debugging customer issues by attempting to replicate in lab environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker/containers, and dozens of test data sources)
- Utilizing SSO/SAML experience to help customers in securing their Grafana instances
- Evaluating errors or discrepancies within customer dashboard panels and determining root cause
- Reviewing configuration files and recommending best practices (Debug logs, JSON, YAML)
- Troubleshooting connectivity to various data sources and plugins
- Opening Github issues and partnering with software developers in order to solve issues, address bug fixes, or report security vulnerabilities
- Assessing performance issues with queries, visualizations, and alerting (PromQL, LogQL)
- Manage customer cases by providing timely and accurate information via phone, video meetings, email, ticketing, and chat
- Contribute to internal knowledge base and share information about technical issues within your team
- Inform customers about new features and functionality
- Gather and share customer feedback with Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams
- Provide training to new and existing team members and help with the onboarding process for new customers
What you'll bring to the team:
- A background knowledge of any of the following fields is desired:Observability, cloud systems administration, containerization, devops, logs, metrics, tracing, kubernetes and general enterprise open source technology
- A willingness to learn and aptitude to master our products and become a trusted advisor to our customers
- You will be comfortable engaging with a range of customers from small businesses to Fortune 500 clients and you will love putting the customer first in all of your actions
- You must be proficient in the troubleshooting process and have strong researching skills
- You will be required to work with multiple Engineering teams but should be able to do more than just triage and escalate.
- We’re looking for people who can go all the way to root-cause analysis as they become more familiar with the products/technologiesSolid experience with CRM software, help desk software and remote support tools
- Experience delivering client-focussed solutions to customer needs
- Excellent listening, problem solving and communication skills
- You are patient, friendly and practice empathy in all of your interactions to deliver first class customer service
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.