Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Mid Market Sales Engineer you will have the opportunity to play an active part in increasing effectiveness, productivity, and revenue growth in the Sales Team. The Sales Engineer will report directly to one of our two Mid Market Sales Engineering Managers. This person will be expected to have excellent interpersonal communication skills, technical comprehension, product expertise, business acumen, and overall industry knowledge.
What You'll Do:
- Support Mid Market Account Executives through discovery calls, product demonstrations, pilots and onsite meetings
- Will be capable of providing customized demonstrations of the Motive product offering to prospects spanning a multitude of roles
- Successfully match customer pains and requirements to proposed solutions
- Become an expert on Motive’s competition, lending your expertise to AEs working on displacement deals
- Product expert, not only on Motive’s current offering but our roadmap as well
- Support the Product Team with training on new feature releases, focusing on the unique value proposition it will offer the Sales Team
- Sales liaison between multiple internal organizations, including; Product, Engineering, Customer Success and Product Marketing
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 3+ years working with sales prospects in a pre-sales/sales engineering capacity (SaaS and Hardware experience is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong business acumen
- Consistent track record selling complex solutions
- Experience in the Transportation & Logistics industry is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree / Bachelor’s of Science preferred
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.