GoFundMe is seeking a highly qualified Senior Tax Manager to lead and manage all aspects of the tax function for the Company’s domestic and international tax requirements, responsible for general oversight of all tax activities including corporate, direct/indirect, state/local and global tax including all related analysis and support. A key part of the role would be to maintain an effective and efficient tax management function working to protect the assets of the Company. Additionally, this role will project manage all tax aspects of new business initiatives, supporting launches in multiple countries by identifying and documenting unique tax requirements and working with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will have an exceptionally strong tax and accounting background, polished communications skills and the ability to smoothly interface with Senior Management and across functional groups outside the tax function.
- Ensuring GoFundMe is compliant with tax regulations both domestically and internationally
- Responsible for researching various tax positions
- Seamlessly work with finance, legal, HR, and the executive team
- Maintain corporate tax structure, including international structures
- Be able to scale the processes and policies while also ensuring effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage 3rd party tax advisors and assist in the review and data preparation of federal and state corporate tax returns
- Manage 3rd party tax advisors and assist in the review of foreign corporation income tax and VAT returns
- Responsible for all Sales/Use tax, VAT tax and related financial reporting
- Serve as functional tax lead as the company explores additional states, countries or product lines for expansion
- Lead the process of maintaining/establishing intercompany agreements supporting the tax treatment of transactions between legal entities
- Work with our 3rd party tax advisors to drive the short and long term tax strategy for the company
- Identify and help execute strategies that will minimize the tax liabilities, both financial and cash related
- Interfaces with the Company’s independent auditors and tax advisors to receive counsel regarding complex tax and compliance issues.
- Assist in the planning and execution of all international statutory filings with 3rd party tax advisors for each country the company has a taxable presence
- Prepare and maintain separate tax-based financial statements
- Handle the tax budget, including liaison with 3rd party tax advisors to ensure that contracts are negotiated properly and in line with internal policies and that there are no surprises in the budget vs actual spend analysis
- 8+ years of experience with a strong emphasis on tax accounting including international issues
- Ability to independently research tax issues and simply communicate findings to a wide audience
- An expert in understanding tax requirements and exposures
- Ability to growing the department as the company scales
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Thrive in a diverse fast-paced environment
- Willing to be in the weeds of the details while also being able to step back and lead strategically
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- A. or B.S. in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Big 4 experience is preferred
- Integrity of the highest caliber
Why you'll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're a small, fun team of people you'll likely enjoy being around.
- Our Gives Back program allots each employee $1,000 per month to donate to the campaign of their choice.
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $4 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.