Classy, an affiliate of GoFundMe, is a Public Benefit Corporation and giving platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Classy's platform provides powerful and intuitive fundraising tools to convert and retain donors. Since 2011, Classy has helped nonprofits mobilize and empower the world for good by helping them raise over $5 billion. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org.
Classy's Engineering team is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer II to join a team of engineers to support and extend our product infrastructure and events management platform to achieve 99.999% availability. The ideal candidate is comfortable leading technical projects and supporting a best-in-class infrastructure and reliability framework. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to keep the Classy online fundraising platform for nonprofits running smoothly without interruption.
What you’ll do:
- Play a critical role in contributing to and maintaining a robust, fault-tolerant, global payments platform processing billions of dollars annually.
- Maintain and enhance playbooks and runbooks
- Work across engineering to improve SLO/SLI framework
- Work to improve our incident management process
- Perform daily assessments of the Classy’s stack, a distributed public cloud environment, for a comprehensive understanding of capacity trending, vulnerabilities, and stability
- Participate in an engineering culture of “always be learning” where the sharing and learning from failures are celebrated and the giving and receiving of constructive, candid feedback is highly encouraged.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience with implementing AWS services (ECS, EKS, EC2, IAM, Cloudwatch, Lambda, etc.)
- 3+ years experience using scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or Go.
- 3+ years experience using APM tools such as NewRelic, DataDog, Splunk, etc.
- Solid understanding of Docker and container orchestration
- Solid understanding of microservice architectures, database servers, and API services.
- Solid understanding of distributed data models with experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- Ability to understand product requirements and translate them into technical subtasks
- A deep sense of quality and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals.
- The detail-oriented mindset with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies and communicate complex ideas
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation for after-hours needs
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience building PCI compliant systems
- Experience in payment processing systems
- Experience developing high-volume transaction systems
- Experience with Blue/Green deployment infrastructure
- Experience with Terraform
- Passion for building fault tolerant and secure platforms
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every month for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
- Our commitment to Sustainability. Classy exists to create a sustainable world for all.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $110,000 - $150,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.