Want to help us help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe’s mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support the causes they care about. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200 million donations. In 2022, GoFundMe acquired Classy, the leading nonprofit fundraising software company, which operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of GoFundMe. Together, the two companies serve as a global leader in giving for individuals and nonprofits, accelerating growth and unlocking new opportunities to help more people and organizations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world—join us!
The GoFundMe team is searching for a Head of Tax who will manage all aspects of our global tax strategy, planning, reporting, audits, and compliance. This role will interact with senior leaders across the organizations and will be the liaison to coordinate the flow of information between various functions. This position will provide leadership, guidance, and assistance across all domestic and international tax-related matters, and be a key business partner in advising tax requirements on our products and services. This strategic, but hands-on role will report directly to the CFO.
- Drive and implement best practices in the global tax function to support the organization’s continued growth and expansion both through organic initiatives as well as through our acquisition strategy
- Conduct extensive communication with leadership across business functions on critical tax matters (Accounting, Legal, Treasury, Financial Planning, Operations, HR)
- Partner with other business functions to identify critical tax considerations on new service offering initiatives
- Build team and process scale, including relevant and efficient use of outside tax advisors and legal counsel
- Monitor legislative changes in tax laws that may impact tax positions, including tax accounting implications and effectively communicate these items to management
- Ensure compliance with global transfer pricing documentation requirements
- Oversee completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support, while working to minimize tax liability and maximize after-tax profits
- Lead and oversee the preparation of global income tax provisions including ensuring accurate and timely ASC 740 tax accounting and financial reporting disclosures
- Provide forecasts and guidance regarding future effective tax rates and cash taxes
- Perform tax due diligence, provide structural advice on transactions, analyze proposed acquisitions, collaborate with deal teams and provide ad hoc advice on all tax matters.
- Oversee audits of federal, state and international tax filings
- Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of relevant tax experience, preferably with a mix of public accounting and multinational corporate environment
- Payments related experience a strong plus
- Global tax (direct and indirect) experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey complex matters with simplicity and clarity to non-experts across the company
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a high growth team-based environment
- Manage highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity.
- Excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and ability to manage multiple matters.
- Organized, strategically focused, detailed oriented, and able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment
- Experience leading teams, people, and projects
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Ethics, Values, and Inclusion
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...