Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $9 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
We’re searching for a Social Media Manager to join our team, who will focus on planning, strategizing, and maintaining GoFundMe’s organic social channels. You will support the creation of compelling marketing messages that align with company-wide objectives, as well as team-specific goals. Working under our Head of Social Media, this person will help ideate and execute a wide variety of socially-minded initiatives geared toward increasing engagement, impressions, and growth.
- Help manage the company's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat,Tiktok, etc.).
- Support the creation of shareable, on-brand content optimized for each channel
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion with our community
- Discover trending stories related to the platform and share cross-departmentally
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic from our social networks to our platform
- Explore new ways to engage with our audience, try new social networks, and experiment with new mediums
- Have 4+ years of relevant experience in managing social channels and defining & developing strategy
- Stay up to date with latest social media trends and technologies
- Have a well-rounded command of each network and their best practices
- Are an excellent storyteller and writer who knows how to engage an audience in 280 characters or less
- Have a good understanding of social media KPIs, native platform insights, and third-party applications
- Are exceptional at multitasking, meeting deadlines, and staying organized
- Are great at working in proactive and reactive environments where timing and quickness are key to success
- Are passionate about helping people, giving back, and making the world a better place
Why you’ll love it at GoFundMe:
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.