Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
We’re searching for a Senior Communications Manager to join our team, who will develop and execute proactive media strategies, and increase awareness around the GoFundMe brand as we continue to grow.
- Amplify the GoFundMe brand with creative communications strategies and tactics
- Manage and mentor a team of communications professionals, overseeing their daily activities and fostering a culture of teamwork and empowerment
- Have your finger on the pulse of breaking issues, monitor live news feeds, social platforms, and digital sources to assemble and creatively distribute the most engaging GoFundMe campaigns
- Develop and pitch stories & trends about GoFundMe campaigns to generate local and national news on a daily basis
- Maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, partners, third-parties and influencers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop reactive and proactive strategies and statements related to trends, crises and issues
- Desire to see your work have a direct, and positive, impact on people, organizations and causes
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 6-8+ years of PR/Communications
- People management experience required
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and execute multiple time-sensitive projects
- Strong, clear written and verbal communicator, with the ability to tailor messages for different audiences
- Established media relationships and a solid understanding of media landscape
- Creative problem solver and self-starter
- Enthusiastic team player who works well cross-functionally and with external partners
Why you’ll love it at GoFundMe:
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: