Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $9 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
International expansion is a critical component of our company strategy. Today GoFundMe is translated into 8 languages and our service is available in 19 countries. And we have teams in the UK, Australia, Germany, Italy and Spain. We are just getting started - in the upcoming years we plan to expand our service to many more countries in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Localization Manager who can help us scale our localization program and build delightful local product experiences for our global user base. If you have a track record in helping companies deliver high-quality globalized products and are excited about becoming a key player in driving GoFundMe’s global expansion, we want to hear from you.
- Develop and manage the translation and localization strategy, roadmap, and budget
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (product, engineering, marketing and our international teams) to ensure all product releases and go-to-market launches provide a delightful experience for our global users
- Partner with our internationalization engineering team and translators to improve the quality of translations and add new languages as we expand into new markets.
- Centralize our translation management efforts to increase efficiency and drive ongoing process improvement for our translation processes
- Manage translation and localization vendors to drive translation quality and consistency across the user journey
- Support translation requests from cross-functional teams and proactively partner with stakeholders to provide expertise in localizing our product and go-to-market experience
- Proactively identify and prioritize technical and process issues that affect localized product relevancy, quality, and functionality
- 5-10 years of experience in localization and translation management
- Ability to work with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver high quality and delightful local product experiences.
- A proven track record of building systems and processes to support a robust localization program
- Thorough understanding of translation technologies and industry best practices: translation memories, translation management systems, machine translation, etc.
- Vendor management experience, including managing vendor budgets and developing close partnerships with vendors and contractors
- Project management skills across a varied set of responsibilities in a fast paced, high-volume environment
- Self-starter and quick learner; demonstrated independence and autonomy in a high performing work environment
- Highly analytical and experience using data to inform localization decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organization, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of additional languages other than English. International experience a plus
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...