Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $9 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Machine Learning Software Engineer to join our small team of very talented engineers in our downtown Los Angeles, CA office. We have a lot of ideas and hypotheses we'd love to explore as we understand the world of social fundraising. If conducting data research in a new field excites you, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Build and improve on machine learning systems to solve exciting problems that engage and improve experience for GoFundMe campaign organizers, prospective donors and supporters.
- Conduct research to identify and build features that help predict user actions such as donating, starting a GoFundMe campaign and sharing / supporting campaigns
- Design and implement state of the art machine learning algorithms in distributed machine learning frameworks
- Deliver scalable and high-performance ML solutions for different products
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a quick cadence of research, experimentation, and product launches
- Build efficient systems to prepare large amounts of data; be proficient with distributed programming frameworks such as Hadoop/Spark
- Collaborate with GoFundMe cross functional teams (Product, Design, Data, etc.) to bring your findings to life
- BS plus MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience building end-to-end machine learning products, from data gathering, to model training and tuning, to deploying to production and monitoring its performance
- Strong experience wrangling, processing, and analyzing big data using Apache Spark or similar technology
- Experience with information retrieval and is comfortable experimenting with and incorporating cutting-edge techniques into our existing system
- Ability to write an end-to-end pipeline code that is modular, scalable, and easy for future team members to build upon
- Ping pong skills, an appreciation for boba tea, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it at GoFundMe...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...