GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. Over $9 billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes - making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with a monthly audience of over 100M people.
GoFundMe is looking to build out our small but growing engineering team in our amazing GoFundMe Charity team based in our downtown Los Angeles office. We are searching for a passionate talented experienced back-end software engineer who’s interested in changing the lives of millions of people for the better, amazing personal and professional growth, and having a real impact on our products and users!
- Back-end software development with PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, ZF2)
- Work in a multi-team environment with other back-end, front-end and QA engineers
- Responsible for documentation & testing (PHPUnit, Cypress),
- Comfortable working in multiple SQL dialects.
- Participate in code reviews and advocate for best practices.
- Strong knowledge/5-8 years of PHP development, OOP principles & CS best practices.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or relevant professional work experience.
- Strong grasp os SQL and experience with Object-Relational Mapping tools (ORMs) such as Doctrine.
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs.
- Appreciation for the importance of test coverage and automated testing tools.
- Strong abilities to identify and troubleshoot bugs.
- Ping pong skills and a sense of humor.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really!
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play hard mentality
- We take ping-pong very, very seriously
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue performance bonuses
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.