GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. Over $9 billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes - making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with a monthly audience of over 100M people.
GoFundMe is looking to build out our small but growing payments engineering team in our amazing GoFundMe Charity team based in our downtown Los Angeles office. We are searching for a passionate talented full-stack software engineer who’s interested in changing the lives of millions of people for the better, amazing personal and professional growth, and having a real impact on our products and users!
What you’ll be doing day to day...
- Developing scalable payments infrastructure which will support both the core and charity products
- Building out robust API's and third party payment processing integrations
- Adherence to, and compliance with, PCI rules and regulations
What you bring to the role...
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Java, Scala, Kotlin or other object-oriented, coding language and open to work on full stack
- Experience working on Spring Boot Framework
- Experience working on AWS technology stack
- Experience working with payment processing, PCI compliance, and payment processing integration
- Strong communication skills with no hesitation to share your ideas
- Strong work ethic - You are reliable, produce quality work, take pride and ownership in your work
- Can work both independently and love to collaborate with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of building applications from the ground up
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant professional work experience
- Ping pong skills, a love for boba tea, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives at a global scale.
- Our people consistently vote GoFundMe a Great Place to Work®.
- You can nominate your favorite GoFundMes to receive a donation from the company.
- Great perks like lunch, snacks, wellness, company/team activities, and full benefits.
- The company is strong and growing with incredible opportunities ahead.
- We're a fun, close team of people who care about their work and impact.
More about GoFundMe…
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $9 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber, and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.