Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. When someone sees a need to be filled, local or global, it’s part of GoFundMe’s role to help them succeed by making it easy and safe for people to rally around the cause and give online.
Over $5 billion has been raised by our customers for their personal causes - making GoFundMe the global leader in social fundraising, with a monthly audience of over 100M people.
The Go-To-Market team in San Diego, CA is looking for a WordPress Developer on a 6 month contract. This is a full-time contract position. This person will report into our Senior Performance Marketing Manager.
- Scope, design, develop, and implement interactive user interfaces and HTML prototypes for web and email marketing projects
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of design standards and style guides
- Research technological advances and upgrade our online tools to enhance marketing results
- Architect, develop, and maintain creative technical solutions, products, and features for our WordPress website that address complex business objectives
- Analyze user journey criteria to ensure the technical feasibility and point out potential issues
- Make sure we can deliver on time, on budget, and on scope
- Architect and develop new backend features and plugins, custom functionality and theme integration
- Write high quality code with readability, efficiency and maintainability in mind
- Experience developing and maintaining complex WordPress-based solutions, themes, and plugins
- QA and code review of front-end and back-end development work
- Explore and incorporate new and emerging development trends
- Work with the team to diagnose and resolve backend bugs and support requests
- Support the comms, product and marketing teams as they grow
- Work with Design, Engineering, and Product teams
- Manage large amounts of CSS and HTML templates
- Update legacy code as well as write new, reusable code
- Consider site speed, accessibility, browser compatibility, and UX polish
- Passionate about lightweight, reusable CSS
- 3-6 years experience working as a WordPress developer on production sites
- Experience working on complex WordPress sites, and experience with WordPress Multisite a bonus
- Familiarity with tools such as npm and gulp
- Ability to set-up, configure, manage, and perform all phases of web development, testing, and deployment
- Experience working with Marketing Automation tools
- A methodical approach to all tasks including independent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to showcase previous projects you’ve worked on and specific functionality you’ve built
- Familiar with building templates for older browsers
- Have an eye for visual design and details
- Enjoy learning new things or coming up with scrappy solutions to solve a problem
- Collaborate and communicate well across a range of departments
Why you'll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, interactive team with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program allows employees to nominate campaigns weekly to receive substantial donations.
- Healthy lunches are catered daily, along with well-stocked snacks and drinks!
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits, and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast, and celebrate productive accomplishment!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.