Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. When someone sees a need to be filled, local or global, it’s part of GoFundMe’s role to help them succeed by making it easy and safe for people to rally around the cause and give online. Over $5 billion has been raised by our customers for their personal causes - making GoFundMe the global leader in social fundraising, with a monthly audience of over 100M people. The Go-To-Market team in San Diego is looking for an SEO Content Writer. This person will report into our Senior Performance Marketing Manager.
- Review and analyze site for areas that can be improved and optimized
- Tackle multiple SEO projects at a time
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO best practices to increase organic traffic
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency across the website (SEO best practices, style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Execute all aspects of SEO content production process from keyword research, outlining, writing, editing, publishing, and monitoring performance
- Work with SEO team to continuously optimize website content
- Copy-edit landing page and SEO content as needed
- A strong desire to empower people to help people through the GoFundMe platform
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization practices
- Experience with WordPress, or similar CMS platforms
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to write appealing copy for both people and search engines
- Basic understanding of website best practices and factors that impact search engine performance
- Strong quantitative skills including using basic statistical analysis to understand customer behavior
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and solve problems
- Impeccable adherence to deadlines and to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Superb attention to detail
- Must have the ability to properly prioritize workload in order to effectively manage multiple assignments with contending priorities and tight deadlines
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Actively participates in trainings and invests time in professional growth
Why you'll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, interactive team with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program allows employees to nominate campaigns weekly to receive substantial donations.
- Healthy lunches are catered daily, along with well-stocked snacks and drinks!
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits, and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast, and celebrate productive accomplishment!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.