Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! With over $5 billion raised in donations and more than 50 million donors, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
As the Senior UX researcher at GoFundMe, you have the opportunity to become the global expert on online giving and philanthropy. Only a handful of other companies are operating in this space, with even fewer serving an international market. Positioned within the product design team, you will uncover compelling insights about the way people think about giving and fundraising, and help us leverage those insights into world-changing product experiences. This is a highly-collaborative role where you will build strong relationships across the organization.
- Collaborate with the design and product team to design, plan, execute and synthesize user research projects, refining the research process at GoFundMe.
- Analyze historic qualitative & quantitative research to uncover new product opportunities.
- Partner with our Data team to uncover user insights through product performance.
- Collaborate with our customer facing teams handling support tickets to understand product feedback and UX opportunities.
- Collaborate with our international teams to understand product needs in our emerging markets.
- Keep a finger on the pulse as to what our competitors are doing.
- Document and communicate findings in creative and effective ways.
- 5+ years of UX-related full-time experience.
- Broad experience with a wide variety of research methods and tools, and a clear understanding as to when to utilize said methods and tools.
- Strong in a research specialty, such as generative research, surveys, or visualization.
- Demonstrated history of being a great collaborator with designers, product managers and engineers.
- Familiar with design tools like Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in a research or design related field.
- You’re known to provide clarity in group discussions.
- You are curious about how to use research to unlock generosity.
- You’re comfortable interfacing with executives.
- You believe research and design go hand-in-hand to drive great user experience.
- You desire to be involved at all stages of a product life cycle.
- You notice when others could use your help and proactively provide assistance.
- You believe feedback should be considerate of those with a diversity of world views, backgrounds and beliefs.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really!
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play hard mentality.
- Our Gives Back program allots each employee $1,000 per month to donate to the campaign of their choice.
- We take ping-pong very, very seriously.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and "MegaFridge".
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue performance bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.