Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of brand, journalism, advertising, and digital to build compelling and emotive brand stories. We’re looking for two summer design interns. One to join our SF team and one to join our NY team.
During your internship, you will gain skills and experience to complement your education and prepare you for an entry-level role in the creative department of a marketing/design/advertising firm. We support your success by pairing you with two or more supervisors for instruction and mentorship.
This is a paid hybrid role, and GDP will support the role with opportunities for ongoing education.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing original design work for a wide range of formats: print, web, social media, brand identity, animation, Keynote, advertising, etc.
- Shaping presentations that effectively articulate, document, and convey the concept and the logic underlying a proposed design
- Presenting concepts and design rounds to the internal team for feedback
- Collaborating with a diverse mix of teams—from art directors, writers, and producers to account managers and strategists—to refine and elevate your work
- Contributing to pitches for new business by helping the team design compelling presentations that position Godfrey Dadich Partners to win new work
- Working alongside other designers and writers to craft business and communications systems for, by, and about Godfrey Dadich Partners, including owned, social, and physical platforms
- Working on a collaborative Intern Pitch Project that gives interns from different teams an opportunity to create a proposal and build a pitch from the ground up
- A commitment of up to 40 hours a week from June through August
- Previous experience working in a professional design environment, or working toward a degree in a design-centered field
- Highly collaborative and resourceful. A self-starter who proactively moves projects forward between check-ins
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex, sometimes abstract, concepts clearly and persuasively.
- A strong comfort level with an organic and iterative design process. Approaches feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve, both as an individual and as a team member
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Has a keen interest in typography and grid, and follows current trends and innovations in design
- A basic understanding of interaction design best practices when designing for digital environments is a plus.
- Skills in illustration or data visualization are a plus.
- A demonstrated fluency with design tools such as Figma, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Keynote. Familiarity with 3D/Video/After Effects is a plus.
About Godfrey Dadich Partners
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We’re always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the GDP team.
Hourly Rate: $20.00