At G-P, our mission is to break down barriers to global business, enabling opportunities for everyone, everywhere. With remote-first and diverse teams all around the world, our people are key to achieving this mission. That’s why we trust our Dream Team members with the flexibility and autonomy to do their best and most innovative work, encourage and support their personal growth and career development, and believe in recognition for a job well done.
Our industry-leading SaaS-based Global Employment Platform™ enables our customers to expand and grow into 180+ countries, creating more opportunities for global success – without requiring entity or subsidiary setup. The technical opportunities you’ll experience here have a positive impact on people and their work/life possibilities around the world. Beyond the power of our platform, we never forget that behind every hire is a human being. And that brings us to you.
If you have a passion for automation, are a deep innovator, and want to solve complex problems that lead to a world of positive results, consider G-P. Here, your knowledge and experience will be crucial to helping design and develop high-performing cloud-based software products using traditional Agile methodologies and modern frameworks.
Beyond a competitive compensation and benefits package, what we offer to all employees along the way is the clear and simple promise of Opportunity Made Possible. Come expand your skills in new ways and experience the thrill of your best innovations becoming reality.
We are a remote first company and open to this role being fully remote from anywhere in Northern Ireland.
About the position:
As a hands-on, Software Engineering Manager at Globalization Partners, you will lead a small team(s)
of software engineers.
What you will do:
- Provide technical leadership in the development team.
- Drive the implementation of development activities, both individually and as the technical
lead of a small team of developers.
- Work collaboratively with engineering leadership, product owners, and other
stakeholders to understand high-level requirements and develop software architecture and
- Create and drive the detailed planning, scheduling and execution of development plans to
meet business goals and schedules.
- Help define and enforce development practices, including unit tests and code reviews.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Mentor and develop team members.
What we are looking for:
- Solid software engineering background, with proven experience developing enterprise-scale web/cloud-based commercial software products.
- Extensive experience leading complex software development projects through all phases of the software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Proven record of strong technical leadership.
- Strong experience with both back-end and front-end technologies – Java, Spring, Node.js, React, HTML, CSS, REST, GraphQL, SQL, etc.
- Strong knowledge of modern cloud architectures and technologies. Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Experience integrating with external systems. Specific experience integrating with Acumatica and Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with BPM modeling tools such as Camunda is a plus.
- Solid software engineering fundamentals.
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment is highly desirable.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of working with ambiguous requirements and minimal direction.
- Take pride in writing well-structured, well-commented, and maintainable code. You’re always thinking of security, performance, and scalability.
- Well respected and acknowledged as an expert by peers.
- Challenge yourself, learn from others, and strive to grow professionally every day.
- Emotionally mature team player with a positive can-do attitude.
G-P helps growing companies unlock their full potential by making it possible to build highly skilled global teams in days instead of months. Through our SaaS-based platform, we help find, hire, onboard, pay, and manage team members, quickly and compliantly, to expand growth opportunities for everyone, everywhere – without the hassle of setting up local subsidiaries or branch offices.
G-P. Global Made Possible.
G-P is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture that celebrates authenticity. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
G-P also is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation due to a disability during the interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org