We are looking for a passionate, detail-driven, and result-oriented Principal Software Engineer with a huge interest in data to join our team in Poland.
At G-P, our mission is to break down barriers to global business, enabling opportunities for everyone, everywhere. With remote-first and diverse teams all around the world, our people are key to achieving this mission. That’s why we trust our Dream Team members with the flexibility and autonomy to do their best and most innovative work, encourage and support their personal growth and career development, and believe in recognition for a job well done.
Our industry-leading SaaS-based Global Employment Platform™ enables our customers to expand and grow into 180+ countries, creating more opportunities for global success – without requiring entity or subsidiary setup. The technical opportunities you’ll experience here have a positive impact on people and their work/life possibilities around the world. Beyond the power of our platform, we never forget that behind every hire is a human being. And that brings us to you.
If you have a passion for automation, are a deep innovator, and want to solve complex problems that lead to a world of positive results, consider G-P. Here, your knowledge and experience will be crucial to helping design and develop high-performing cloud-based software products using traditional Agile methodologies and modern frameworks.
Beyond a competitive compensation and benefits package, what we offer to all employees along the way is the clear and simple promise of Opportunity Made Possible. Come expand your skills in new ways and experience the thrill of your best innovations becoming reality.
With our in-house engineering team spanning across US and Europe we are building the world’s top-rated global Employment Platform.
We are strong advocates of DevOps culture where product managers, engineers, QA, IT operations and InfoSec work together towards a common goal, enabling the fast flow of planned work into production, while achieving world-class stability, reliability, availability and security.
What you will do:
- Drive the technical evolution of our best-in-class Data Platform, taking the lead on initiatives including technical design, prototyping, and overseeing execution towards agreed goals.
- Lead the team in development initiatives across the data and analytics stack from ETL and Streaming data ingestion to the transformation, storage, and analysis of data from a variety of internal and external sources
- Collaborate with product managers, technical architects, engineering management, Cloud Engineering, and other SMEs across the business to understand their requirements and explore and suggest appropriate solutions to achieve the required product features.
- Take a tech lead role in one or more agile teams, providing hands-on technical expertise, ensuring technological progress against plans, safeguarding functionality, security, scalability, and performance.
- Ensure consistent use of shared platform components
- Design and develop reusable libraries.
- Contribute to best practices for data and analytics workload development.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Advise on the product roadmap and migration plans to achieve engineering and company strategic goals.
- Help define the team’s technical strategy.
- Advocate and evangelize agile principles and DevOps culture.
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in developing data and analytics applications in geographically distributed teams
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing & integrating data and analytics applications using modern architectures and frameworks, structured and unstructured data, and programming with Python
- Hands-on SQL knowledge and experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgresSQL, and others
- Hands-on ETL knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of commercial data platforms (Databricks, Snowflake) or cloud data warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery)
- Knowledge of data catalog and MDM tooling (Atlan, Alation, Informatica, Collibra)
- Knowledge of how machine learning / A.I. workloads are implemented in batch and streaming, including the preparing of datasets, training models, and using pre-trained models
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English (both verbal and written)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
G-P helps growing companies unlock their full potential by making it possible to build highly skilled global teams in days instead of months. Through our SaaS-based platform, we help find, hire, onboard, pay, and manage team members, quickly and compliantly, to expand growth opportunities for everyone, everywhere – without the hassle of setting up local subsidiaries or branch offices.
G-P. Global Made Possible.
G-P is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture that celebrates authenticity. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
G-P also is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation due to a disability during the interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org