At G-P, our mission is to break down barriers to global business, enabling opportunities for everyone, everywhere. With remote-first and diverse teams all around the world, our people are key to achieving this mission. That’s why we trust our Dream Team members with the flexibility and autonomy to do their best and most innovative work, encourage and support their personal growth and career development, and believe in recognition for a job well done.
Our industry-leading SaaS-based Global Employment Platform™ enables our customers to expand and grow into 180+ countries, creating more opportunities for global success – without requiring entity or subsidiary setup. The technical opportunities you’ll experience here have a positive impact on people and their work/life possibilities around the world. Beyond the power of our platform, we never forget that behind every hire is a human being. And that brings us to you.
If you have a passion for automation, are a deep innovator, and want to solve complex problems that lead to a world of positive results, consider G-P. Here, your knowledge and experience will be crucial to helping design and develop high-performing cloud-based software products using traditional Agile methodologies and modern frameworks.
Beyond a competitive compensation and benefits package, what we offer to all employees along the way is the clear and simple promise of Opportunity Made Possible. Come expand your skills in new ways and experience the thrill of your best innovations becoming reality.
About the position:
As a Principal Software Engineer at G-P you will be hands-on, perform as an individual contributor and will also lead a small team of software engineers.
What you can expect to do:
- Drive the technical evolution of our best-in-class SaaS cloud platform taking the lead on initiatives including technical design, prototyping, and overseeing execution towards agreed goals
- Collaborate with product managers, technical architects, engineering management, cloud engineers and other SMEs across the business to understand their requirements and suggest appropriate solutions to achieve the required features
- Take a technical lead role in one or more agile teams providing hands-on technical expertise, ensuring technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, security, scalability, and performance
- Deliver solutions in a cloud-managed and serverless-first platform ecosystem
- Ensure consistent use of shared platform components
- Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs
- Contribute to best practice for backend and frontend application development via the Well Architected Framework and its pillars
- Develop and promote a full spectrum of test suites (unit, contract, integration, etc.)
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for knowledge development through advice, coaching and training opportunities
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in developing SaaS enterprise applications in geographically distributed teams
- Proven track of record driving technical projects or initiatives in large enterprise systems
- Experience developing & integrating full-stack web applications using modern frameworks, with knowledge in most or all of the following: Typescript, React, Java, REST and asynchronous APIs
- Knowledge of and experience choosing between SQL and NoSQL database technologies such as MySQL/PostgreSQL and MongoDB/DynamoDB
- Knowledge of modern cloud architectures and technologies; experience with AWS is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and experience documenting and delivering technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment is desirable
- Hands-on experience in any of the following areas a plus:
- Data modeling, data architecture, and data governance
- Integrating CRM systems such as Salesforce with internal systems
- Integrating 3rd party systems with internal and external workflows
- Business workflow orchestration / choreography patterns
G-P helps growing companies unlock their full potential by making it possible to build highly skilled global teams in days instead of months. Through our SaaS-based platform, we help find, hire, onboard, pay, and manage team members, quickly and compliantly, to expand growth opportunities for everyone, everywhere – without the hassle of setting up local subsidiaries or branch offices.
G-P. Global Made Possible.
G-P is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture that celebrates authenticity. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
G-P also is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation due to a disability during the interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org