Globalization Partners’ automated, AI-enabled global employment platform, designed by our technical teams and powered by our worldwide HR experts, enables our customers to hire, onboard, and manage the best talent they can find, anywhere in the world.
With diverse teams all around the world, our people are the heartbeat of the company and the reason why Globalization Partners is a fun and inclusive place to work. We encourage and support personal growth and career development, trust our team members with the autonomy to do their best work, and believe in recognition for a job well done.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for automation, is a deep innovator, and wants to solve complex problems. Your knowledge and experience will be crucial to design and develop high performing cloud-based software products using traditional Agile methodologies and modern frameworks.
Did we mention you can experience all of this while working remotely? As a remote-first employer, we value your experience and skills more than where you are located. Join our collaborative work environment where you can make a real impact and love the work you’re doing!
About the position:
As a Software Engineering Manager at Globalization Partners you will be hands on hands-on and perform as an individual contributor and will also lead a small team of software engineers.
What you'll do:
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in the development team.
- Drive the implementation of development activities, both individually and as the technical lead of a small team of developers.
- Work collaboratively with engineering leadership, product owners, and other stakeholders to understand high-level requirements and develop software architecture and design.
- Create and drive the detailed planning, scheduling and execution of development plans to meet business goals and schedules.
- Help define and enforce development practices, including unit tests and code reviews.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Mentor and develop team members.
What we’re looking for:
- Solid software engineering background, with 10+ years of experience developing enterprise-scale web/cloud-based commercial software products.
- 3+ years of experience leading complex software development projects through all phases of the software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Proven record of strong technical leadership.
- Strong experience with both back-end and front-end technologies – Java, Spring, Node.js, React, HTML, CSS, REST, GraphQL, SQL, etc.
- Strong knowledge of modern cloud architectures and technologies. Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Experience integrating with external systems. Specific experience integrating with Acumatica and Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with BPM modeling tools such as Camunda is a plus.
- Solid software engineering fundamentals.
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment is highly desirable.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of working with ambiguous requirements and minimal direction.
- Take pride in writing well-structured, well-commented, and maintainable code. You’re always thinking of security, performance, and scalability.
- Well respected and acknowledged as an expert by peers.
- Challenge yourself, learn from others, and strive to grow professionally every day.
- Emotionally mature team player with a positive can-do attitude.
G-P helps growing companies unlock their full potential by making it possible to build highly skilled global teams in days instead of months. Through our SaaS-based platform, we help find, hire, onboard, pay, and manage team members, quickly and compliantly, to expand growth opportunities for everyone, everywhere – without the hassle of setting up local subsidiaries or branch offices.
G-P. Global Made Possible.
G-P is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture that celebrates authenticity. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
G-P also is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation due to a disability during the interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org