Glance - An InMobi Group Company
Founded in 2019, Glance is a consumer technology company that operates some of the most disruptive digital platforms including Glance, Roposo, and Glance TV. Glance has redefined the way the internet is consumed on the lock screen, removing the need to search for and download apps. Over 400 million smartphones now come enabled with Glance’s next-generation internet experience.
Roposo has revolutionized commerce by launching a destination for creator-led live entertainment commerce. Glance TV is changing the way consumers engage and interact with their televisions.
Headquartered in Singapore, Glance is an unconsolidated subsidiary of InMobi Group and is funded by Jio Platforms, Google, and Mithril Capital. For more information, visit glance.com, roposo.com, and inmobi.com.
What should you know about joining Glance?
At Glance, we walk the talk – free yourself, dream big, and chase your passion! On joining, you’ll have opportunities to make an immediate impact on mission-critical projects, as you work with highly capable and ambitious peer groups.
Be rewarded for your autonomy even as you collaborate. Ideate, innovate, and inspire by leveraging bleeding-edge tech to disrupt consumer experiences.
While you work, we’ll take care of nourishing your body, mind, and soul. This includes daily meals, gym, trainings, tech tools, and regular unwind sessions. Also, feel free to bring your kids – even the furry ones – to the office!
What will you be doing?
- Help create accurate and high-quality copy across all publishing platforms.
- Work on new-age video creation tools to create short news video capsules
- Create, ideate and moderate daily live shows around current trends
- Work to enhance the quality of our content within tight timelines.
- Work on AI-supported tools and an evolving CMS with skill and agility
- Simplify communication and rework copy (as needed) for varying demographics.
- Edit copy for varying lengths and adhere to various platform-specific guidelines.
- Ensure alignment of content to brand requirements and tonality.
What is expected out of you?
- Have an experience of 0.5-3.5 years working in a newsroom
- Someone who lives and breathes live sports!
- Have a keen grasp on cricket and Indian sports and follow it with a keen eye.
- Updated about the current on goings across a wide spectrum of other sports (football, tennis, F1, Olympic sports etc), well-versed with where to look for content and aware about the who’s who.
- Know the language of how to write for sports and be snappy with your copy.
- Know what image will best describe your story.
- Have general news awareness across categories (tech, nation, world, auto, etc.)
- Amenable to work on any given day, including weekends and holidays, to address the news cycle well. Glance's content teams work 365 days a year, while individuals in the team work on 5 of 7 days.
- Outstanding in your ability to use language and grammar well, without being verbose, for a new-age content platform.
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced environment, where role dynamics, expectations and work nature can evolve almost on a quarterly basis.
- Comfortable with using basic video and image editing software to process basic multimedia work.
- Fantastic at time management and deeply committed to meeting deadlines.
- A team-player with exceptional interpersonal skills, who is always willing to get your hands dirty, and get the job done.
- Work deeply with cross-functional teams to deliver the best results.