Who are we and what do we do?
Glance Founded in 2019, Glance is one of India’ largest lock screen platforms of India and Southeast Asia, enabling consumers to experience the internet on the lock screens of their smartphones. Glance's AI-powered personalization enables consumers to enjoy content, products, and services of their choice, all delivered in an intuitive and visually attractive format. Funded by Google and Mithril Partners, Glance is an unconsolidated subsidiary of InMobi and has over 150 million daily active users in India and estimated 25 million in Southeast Asia. For more information visit glance.com.
Roposo, is a novel platform that's defining the era of entertainment & LIVE commerce in India. With more than 10 crore downloads, it is the #1 entertainment & LIVE shopping app that brings together premium content creators, passionate consumers, and avid shoppers via immersive LIVE experiences. It is rapidly becoming the one-stop-shop for audiences to discover trending content across genres, enjoy live entertainment, interact & shop the latest trends LIVE from their favourite influencers, enjoy LIVE experiences, and much more. It also provides the ideal grooming environment and opportunities for creators to become professional live streamers.
Shop101(based in Mumbai, India) brings with them end to end e-commerce platforms and infrastructure across merchants, creators, supply chain, logistics, and procurement, along with 3 co-founders, a 300-person strong team, a network of 10 million resellers, half a million unique customers, and reach across 2000 towns. This positions us well to use our deep understanding of our customer to bring them rich shopping experiences. As one of India’s leading digital commerce platforms at scale, Shop101 is the perfect partner to create the influencer and celeb commerce wave globally and bring the vivid shopping experiences customers are used to in their local markets to their phones.
Glance and Roposo and Shop101 are owned by Glance, a subsidiary of InMobi Group whose mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies. The group's portfolio companies include InMobi Marketing Cloud, TruFactor – an Intelligence as a Service Platform and Glance - the world's first Screen Zero.
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glanciers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What will you be doing?
- Design and build application for the Android platform.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs in order to maintain code quality.
- Show leadership and focus on completion of projects.
What do we expect from you?
- Relevant industry experience of 3-to 5 years.
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin and OOPS concept.
- Experience with offline storage databases, threading, and networking.
- Should be proficient in Android Studio tools for performance measuring and memory management.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services.
- Understanding of Google's design principles and interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Should have experience in writing Android Studio Test Cases.
- Good at logical reasoning and data structure.
- Must have worked on latest Android technologies like RX JAVA and Kotlin.
Why Join Us?
You will contribute to creating disruptive and innovative consumer experiences using technology. We value autonomy, collaboration, technical innovation and results-oriented thinking. Glance’s culture is all about rewarding excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates!