Who are we and What do we do?
Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
Glance Founded in 2019, Glance is one of India’ largest lock screen platforms of India and Southeast Asia, enabling consumers to experience the internet on the lock screens of their smartphones. Glance's AI-powered personalization enables consumers to enjoy content, products, and services of their choice, all delivered in an intuitive and visually attractive format. Funded by Google and Mithril Partners, Glance is an unconsolidated subsidiary of InMobi and has over 150 million daily active users in India and estimated 25 million in Southeast Asia. For more information visit glance.com.
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glanciers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for solving high complexity issues at a system/domain / vertical level
- Responsible for resolution/ escalations within his/her area of expertise.
- Using independent judgment in the selection of alternative courses of action.
- Innovating new/unique ways to solve known and unknown problems.
What is required from you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- 3+ years of strong product development experience in building a massively large scale distributed internet systems and products
- Good experience in working with Hadoop and Big Data technologies like HDFS, Pig, Hive, Zookeeper, Storm, Spark and NoSQL systems
- Excellent Java programming skills and expertise in multi-threading and performance-oriented programming.
- Strong computer fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server-side development in Java and Big Data
- Good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast-growing and start-up workplace
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in a fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of highly scalable & distributed system for building audience targeting capabilities
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities