We are looking for a Sr. Director, Communications & Marketing who will be responsible for developing, executing and overseeing Giant Spoon’s overall PR and communications strategy, including tactical implementation. This is a hands-on position that will develop multi-channel, multi-touch communications and marketing programs including but not limited to: PR and social media strategies, managing agency award programs, and conferences & events.
- Develop and implement PR strategies to support our company goals, people, and work, while actively working to increase brand awareness and shape public perception
- Oversee, develop, and pitch messaging for announcements, launches, and additional initiatives
- Develop and manage strategic PR/communications framework for the calendar year
- Foster existing industry relationships as well as establish and develop new connections with ad trade press, industry influencers and general media professionals.
- Manage speaking circuit strategy for partners and executive team, focusing on opportunities that represent Giant Spoon’s values as a company
- Manage awards programs for the agency, the work, and our employees
- Craft the continued development of an internal communications plan, including key leadership announcements and employee communications
- Co-manage Marketing Coordinator, including regular feedback and career development
- 10+ years of experience in a comparable role in a fast paced creative environment, preferably in creative agencies
- Advanced knowledge of PR strategy development and execution
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in an engaging way for various target audiences across a range of channels
- Superior research and storytelling skills, including verbal and written communication
- Network of existing media relationships in the advertising and adjacent creative industries
- Proven successes with media outreach in traditional and social media channels
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and seamlessly move from project to project
- Understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion matters/topics, with the ability to handle respective communication in an empathetic and transparent way
- Ability to effectively manage and mentor team members
The anticipated salary range for this position is $140,000 - $185,000. Salary is determined based on a wide range of factors, including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, job duties, and geographic location. For this role, we also offer programs such as medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and various other benefits and perks.
Giant Spoon is an agency that strives to build an inclusive workplace dynamically rooted in our differences. What makes you, you, is your greatest asset here. No matter your race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disabled status, genetic information, or other protected category—feel comfortable (and excited) to bring your full self and make smart, impactful work.