Generate seeks organized and detail-oriented collaborators who are ready to roll up their sleeves. This position will hold a high standard of accuracy and timeliness while delivering financial models, maintaining information systems and reporting on Generate’s portfolio of investments. The Associate will communicate thoughtfully and deliberately inside and outside the organization, working cross-functionally with Generate investment, finance, legal and other teammates and various third parties. They will adeptly use financial and enterprise software to proactively seek answers to Generate and its stakeholders’ questions. This role is a great fit for those who seek to impact the performance of Generate’s portfolio through an analytical and highly dynamic role.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Portfolio Finance Associate:
- Adapt, audit, and maintain financial forecasts including Excel models for infrastructure assets, preferred equity instruments, and debt instruments
- Monitor contractual obligations made by Generate to its partners (and vice-versa) and accurately maintain reports of the same
- Diligence funding requests and work with Treasury to manage wire processes
- Measure and report to management progress against Generate’s key performance indicators
- Support the execution and ongoing maintenance of external debt and tax equity facilities
- Develop relationship with existing partners and counterparties to ensure reporting packages and financial/ operational information is received and acted upon accordingly
- Work with Generate’s Data & Technology team to contribute to the development of information systems related to the above
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- Adept at working independently in a high-growth and/or fast-paced environment with a dynamic set of responsibilities
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, including but not limited to structured investments, financial planning & analysis, accounting, audit or finance
- Ability to audit, evaluate, adapt and, with assistance, build cash and GAAP financial models for infrastructure assets, preferred equity instruments, and debt instruments
- Experience in renewable energy finance or asset management is strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency in data analysis in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience communicating thoughtfully to identify constructive solutions and to support the execution of cross-functional projects
- Familiarity or eager willingness to learn about database tools such as SQL
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $109,900 - $130,000. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.