The Technical Asset Manager will manage the technical operations of a set of solar projects. This includes but is not limited to managing daily monitoring and dispatch, performance reporting, budgets, spare parts, invoice approvals, project onboarding, service level agreements with O&M vendors, performance improvement, and special projects like repowers or major repairs. The Technical Asset Manager will work with a commercial counterpart to optimize asset performance.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as a Technical Asset Manager, Solar:
- Actively manage the O&M on, performance of, and reactive service to a subset of the overall portfolio.
- “Own” the portfolio’s operations including mowing, washing, plowing, preventive and reactive maintenance.
- Manage O&M vendor contracts to the SLAs for monitoring obligations, response times, and cost control.
- Administer all contractual guarantees. This may include performance and/or availability guarantees with multiple parties.
- Report monthly on performance KPIs, major loss drivers, and status of open cases.
- Work in Generate’s existing systems for performance monitoring, case management, and reporting.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis and implement recommended optimization strategies.
- Manage all equipment warranties, warranty claims, and spare parts inventory.
- Scope, price, and manage O&M special projects as they arise (DAS migrations, major repairs, etc.).
- Negotiate and manage new contracts as necessary.
- Source, transform, and harvest insights from data sets large and small.
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 3+ years of experience in solar operations and maintenance, performance analytics, or technical asset management
- 3+ years of experience managing vendors, service level agreements, and contracts
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting PVSyst reports. Experience operating PVSyst and performing capacity tests is preferred but not required.
- Previous DAS/SCADA experience in multiple platforms
- Demonstrated experience in assessing weather-adjusted system performance
- Familiarity with AC and DC coupled BESS systems is preferred.
- Experience, familiarity and comfort working in a case-management platform.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a cross functional team
- Willingness to do the high-volume of small tasks required for a distributed generation platform.
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Experience in a growth company is preferable
- Desire and ability to perform independently. Excellent organizational and self-management capability required.
- Field experience is highly valued and not required.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $112,000-$145,000. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.