ABOUT GENERATE CAPITAL
Generate Capital is a leading investment and operating platform for sustainable infrastructure. Founded in 2014, Generate has been accelerating the Infrastructure Revolution for years, partnering with pre-eminent innovators with a diversified fleet of over 2,000 sustainable infrastructure assets, serving more than 1000 customers and communities. We are the one-stop shop for technology companies, developers and integrators for capital and help to deploy sustainable infrastructure and for customers to meet resilience, decarbonization and cost savings goals.
Climate change, and the related resource challenges of food insecurity, energy poverty, and water scarcity, require an unrelenting focus on delivering solutions at the urgency and scale required. At Generate, we believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues by taking a systems-level approach, one that has the appropriate time horizon and the financial, operational and human capacity to comprehensively address the challenges before us. We recognize that our stakeholder alignment is our license to operate: customers, communities, innovators, developers, employees, capital partners and the planet all must win.
We do work others can’t. Generate is the long-term, flexible, operationally capable, and values-driven partner for pioneering project developers and solutions providers, offering an empathetic and experienced approach to solving the world’s most important problems.
Joining Generate is an opportunity to help build a cutting-edge, values-driven organization that is redefining the economics of sustainable infrastructure. At Generate we take a long-term approach to our people and are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and empathetic workforce that is willing to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get infrastructure projects built. We integrate our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels, in all of our decisions. Certified as a Great Place to Work, Generate offers employees a collaborative culture, opportunities for personal growth and exposure to ongoing learning opportunities.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity to help build a cutting edge, values-driven organization that is leading the Resource Revolution and redefining the economics of distributed, sustainable infrastructure
- The integration of our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels and with our many stakeholders
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational infrastructure and the teams to support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Competitive pay and benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a great communicator who is a creative and prolific content creator, organized and detail-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This person will work across our business, collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to tell Generate’s story externally through earned, owned and paid media. This person joins us from a renewables investment firm or one of Generate’s industries (power, waste, mobility, renewables), is a content creator who is passionate about the type of work we are doing at Generate and looking to apply their experience in scaling a growing, sustainable business. Hands on experience with social media, a public relations firm, and design welcome.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Communications Manager:
- Translate a deep understanding of our value proposition, offerings, industries and vision into impactful content to protect and grow Generate Capital’s profile as a thought leader in the sustainable infrastructure and investments space
- Create and maintain concise yet compelling content for a variety of channels (e.g., articles, websites, presentations, press releases, social media, programs, etc.)
- Collaborate across our company and create and manage training to ensure Generate consistently operates as one voice across teams and products in all external communications.
- Partner with executives and senior investors to identify, evaluate and prepare for speaking engagements.
- Coordinate media and media-related partners as necessary, developing relationships with significant reporters as needed.
- Ensure Generate Capital’s corporate messaging brand guidelines are followed throughout all marketing and communication channels.
- Continuously identify and seize opportunities within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the role
- Design and deploys marketing and communications strategy to support brand awareness
- Monitor and share results of all activities and campaign to optimize ROI
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- ~5 to 7 years’ experience in communications function in financial products or technology solutions, ideally within the renewable energy and/or asset management sectors
- An excellent writer and storyteller with portfolio of press releases and thought leadership available for review
- Experience with creating high-end PowerPoint presentations
- Experience with press management through a PR agency, direct experience in dealing with press
- Experience in power, waste, mobility, renewables or other industries Generate is active in
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented with proven ability to multi-task and proactively plan, manage, and execute multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Prior experience in communications project management
- Prior experience with social media campaigns and design tools (i.e. Adobe)
- Excellent self-management capability and commitment to self-development
- Demonstrated collaborative mindset and ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with minimal formal instruction
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good"
- Result-oriented team player with proven ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Experience working for high-growth companies is a plus
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.