ABOUT GENERATE CAPITAL
Generate Capital is a leading investment and operating platform for sustainable infrastructure. Founded in 2014, Generate has been accelerating the Infrastructure Revolution for years, partnering with pre-eminent innovators with a diversified fleet of over 2,000 sustainable infrastructure assets, serving more than 1000 customers and communities. We are the one-stop shop for technology companies, developers and integrators for capital and help to deploy sustainable infrastructure and for customers to meet resilience, decarbonization and cost savings goals.
Climate change, and the related resource challenges of food insecurity, energy poverty, and water scarcity, require an unrelenting focus on delivering solutions at the urgency and scale required. At Generate, we believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues by taking a systems-level approach, one that has the appropriate time horizon and the financial, operational and human capacity to comprehensively address the challenges before us. We recognize that our stakeholder alignment is our license to operate: customers, communities, innovators, developers, employees, capital partners and the planet all must win.
We do work others can’t. Generate is the long-term, flexible, operationally capable, and values-driven partner for pioneering project developers and solutions providers, offering an empathetic and experienced approach to solving the world’s most important problems.
Joining Generate is an opportunity to help build a cutting-edge, values-driven organization that is redefining the economics of sustainable infrastructure. At Generate we take a long-term approach to our people and are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and empathetic workforce that is willing to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get infrastructure projects built. We integrate our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels, in all of our decisions. Certified as a Great Place to Work, Generate offers employees a collaborative culture, opportunities for personal growth and exposure to ongoing learning opportunities.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity to help build a cutting edge, values-driven organization that is leading the Resource Revolution and redefining the economics of distributed, sustainable infrastructure
- The integration of our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels and with our many stakeholders
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational infrastructure and the teams to support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Competitive pay and benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a high-caliber individual with strong analytical capabilities, superior quantitative horsepower, and a deep interest in Generate’s mission and strategy, to help achieve our financial and business objectives. This person can juggle – and juggle well – managing a variety of stakeholders and projects simultaneously while providing the highest standard of work. This person will be able to handle extremely confidential information capably and be able to have a high level of responsibility and exposure.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the SG&A Analyst/Associate
- Work as part of a small (but growing) team as an integral part of FP&A
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with a broad base of stakeholders and serve as a key point of contact for planning and reporting issues
- Execute quantitative and qualitative analyses for SG&A
- Support the Annual Investment Plan budgeting process by consolidating HC and SG&A submissions from budget owners
- Support month-end close and monthly reporting (HC and department level SG&A variance analysis, Load SG&A forecast data into Adaptive)
- Work cross-functionally with legal, asset management, capital markets and underwriting to improve SG&A forecasts, analyze risks, and help ensure SG&A remains within budget
- Perform ad hoc reporting to support HC & SG&A planning
- Identify areas of improvement in processes, make recommendations, and drive implementation.
- Work on process improvements to improve SG&A data quality, level of data detail, and the speed at which reporting can be delivered
- Understand systems and data flow; work with Technology team to optimize tools used for SG&A reporting
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 1-5 years of related experience in finance or accounting required; SG&A specific experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A demonstrated passion for, or experience in, renewable energy
- Solid excel skills required, Excellent excel skills helpful
- Experience and/or Interest in learning Tableau
- Experience and/or Interest in systems improvement (reporting automation) and business process improvement
- Familiarity with basic accounting concepts required
- Familiarity with rolling forecasts and drivers-based variance analysis
- Familiarity with major corporate ERP or EPM systems helpful (Adaptive Insights and Microsoft NAV a big plus)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Capable of building trust and fostering a collaborative work environment
- Comfortable working up and down the organization, as well as across teams.
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”