Security and Compliance Engineer
Reporting to: Dustin Turner
Location: Remote considered or in San Francisco office
Position Mission: Generate Capital is hiring a Security and Compliance Engineer. Reporting to the IT Director, The mission of this position is to protect our infrastructure, operation and data.
ABOUT GENERATE CAPITAL
Generate Capital has emerged as a leader in the high-growth sustainable infrastructure market, having built a highly differentiated investment and operating platform with a track record of strong risk-adjusted returns and significant, long-term institutional investor support. Our investment platform represents the only one-stop shop for pioneers of the Resource Revolution. Our infrastructure business wins by delivering the most affordable, reliable and sustainable resources to customers.
The last several decades have ushered in a dramatic rise in demand for natural resources like energy, water, food, and materials. The “Resource Revolution” is about doing more with less of our natural resources, a fundamentally economic proposition proving that sustainability pays. We believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues, not by reinventing the world, but by rebuilding it. While some focus on finding new and revolutionary tools, we rebuild resource systems with the high-impact, economic, and proven solutions we have today. As a result, customers, communities, innovators, developers, capital partners and the planet all win.
Up until now, new energy asset finance (a $300B annual market) has been dominated by larger-scale projects that tend to attract traditional capital sources. Generate Capital, on the other hand, is focused on being a capital partner to pioneering project developers and solution providers that are typically overlooked by traditional financiers for a variety of reasons: asset size, underwriting complexity, project duration and perceived risk. As a long-term investor with truly permanent capital, Generate Capital is the only credible long-term partner for these pioneers, and the best infrastructure provider for these resource customers.
With a $10B pipeline of projects, completed transactions totaling over $2.5B and a utility-like, pay as you go model (which we call Infrastructure-as-a-ServiceTM), Generate Capital has quickly established itself as a leader in the enormous markets of distributed energy, mobility, water and waste management.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity to help build a cutting edge, values-driven organization that is leading the Resource Revolution and redefining the economics of distributed, sustainable infrastructure
- The integration of our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels and with our many stakeholders
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational infrastructure and the teams to support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Competitive pay and benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Security Engineer, you will secure Generate Capital’s infrastructure against insider/outside threats. Investigate suspicious activity while overseeing threat detection, response and remediation. Plan cloud security with multiple business-critical applications. Staying on top of the latest security techniques and implementation. You will also help with some day-to-day systems administration tasks.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as a Security and Compliance Engineer
- Coordinate defense protection with 3rd party providers for threat intelligence, threat analysis and threat remediation
- Monitor and respond to threats in real-time, through diagnosis, communication and remediation
- Close vulnerabilities and harden defenses both on endpoints and in the cloud
- Own and manage proactive threat discovery and detection
- Secure administration of cloud apps and environments
- Manage desktop antivirus, encryption and other desktop defenses
- Define and rollout security policies for mobile devices
- Keep Generate in compliance with GDPR, CCPA, NIST etc.
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- Exposure or proficiency in the following platforms. Azure, Azure Active Directory, Intune MDM, Office365, Salesforce, box, Zoom, Slack and Okta
- Experience with vulnerability management tools
- Ability to create standard operating procedures
- Previous experience as a Network or Systems administrator
- Proficiency in endpoint detection and response tools, CASB tools and DLP/backup
- Cloud environment architecture and deployment in AWS, Google Cloud and/or Azure
- Linux administration and OS hardening
- Firewall configuration
- Strong technical competence up and down the technology stack – user interface, applications, communications, infrastructure, data, network etc.
- Self starter
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ year of IT experience
- 4+ experience in CyberSecurity
- Knowledge of Encryption
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.