Salesforce Product Owner
Generate Capital is a unique opportunity for someone who dreams of joining a company where the entire business runs on Salesforce (yes, all of it!). We not only use Salesforce for sales, but we have also designed a fully custom application on the Salesforce Platform to manage our entire portfolio of energy assets. Salesforce truly is the heart and hub of our business with rich integrations to many other applications (and many more to come).
Generate Capital has emerged as a leader in the high-growth sustainable infrastructure market, having built a highly differentiated investment and operating platform with a track record of strong risk-adjusted returns and significant, long-term institutional investor support. Our investment platform represents the only one-stop shop for pioneers of the Resource Revolution. Our infrastructure business wins by delivering the most affordable, reliable and sustainable resources to customers.
The last several decades have ushered in a dramatic rise in demand for natural resources like energy, water, food, and materials. The “Resource Revolution” is about doing more with less of our natural resources, a fundamentally economic proposition proving that sustainability pays. We believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues, not by reinventing the world, but by rebuilding it. While some focus on finding new and revolutionary tools, we rebuild resource systems with the high-impact, economic, and proven solutions we have today. As a result, customers, communities, innovators, developers, capital partners and the planet all win.
Up until now, new energy asset finance (a $300B annual market) has been dominated by larger-scale projects that tend to attract traditional capital sources. Generate Capital, on the other hand, is focused on being a capital partner to pioneering project developers and solution providers that are typically overlooked by traditional financiers for a variety of reasons: asset size, underwriting complexity, project duration and perceived risk. As a long-term investor with truly permanent capital, Generate Capital is the only credible long-term partner for these pioneers, and the best infrastructure provider for these resource customers.
With a $10B pipeline of projects, completed transactions totaling over $2.5B and a utility-like, pay as you go model (which we call Infrastructure-as-a-ServiceTM), Generate Capital has quickly established itself as a leader in the enormous markets of distributed energy, mobility, water and waste management.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity to help build a cutting edge, values-driven organization that is leading the Resource Revolution and redefining the economics of distributed, sustainable infrastructure
- The integration of our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels and with our many stakeholders
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational infrastructure and the teams to support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Competitive pay and benefits
We are looking for an energetic, process driven, and detail-oriented Salesforce Product Owner to join the Generate Capital team. You will be the business and technical owner for the day-to-day management, operations, and administration of Salesforce. In addition to supporting the technology, you will be working closely with cross-functional teams from a business and process perspective.
To be effective in this role, you will need to have excellent technical and communication skills, an ability to understand and engineer Salesforce-based solutions to core business processes, and the ability to prioritize and quickly deliver changes to the system. Among other things, you will be expected to integrate third party software solutions where necessary, work with functional stakeholders and partners to achieve their desired outcomes and provide support to business users to get the most of the platform.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Salesforce Product Owner:
- Be hands-on with all administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, process builders, etc. You own our Salesforce org
- Work with business leadership to gather and prioritize requirements and implement new processes and enhancements to existing functionality
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to think through various scenarios, understand the impact on our org, and then both provide and flawlessly execute recommendations with high attention to detail
- Keep up to date with Salesforce releases, features, and best practices. Make recommendations to management regarding implementation as appropriate
- Evaluate, select, implement, and integrate other technology tools into an overall business solution
- Manage external Salesforce consulting resources where necessary
Candidate requirements and qualifications:
- Analytically strong with A+ written and verbal communications skills
- A self-motivated Salesforce enthusiast who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage multiple Salesforce initiatives simultaneously
- Salesforce Lightning, Process Builders and Visual Flow experience
- Experience with installing and configuring Salesforce AppExchange packages
- Experienced with all phases of the system development life cycle
- Strategic thinking and tactical project planning/management skills
- Proven track record of working with leadership teams to implement complex business requirements within Salesforce and third-party applications
- 4+ years of experience working as a Salesforce Administrator
- Familiarity with Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning Components
- Salesforce Advanced Admin Certification (preferred)
- Salesforce Platform App Builder or Developer Certification (preferred)
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.