Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our team. This individual will help us improve our proprietary algorithms that rank individual doctor quality. These algorithms are a key component of the company’s product that significantly decreases healthcare costs while improving clinical outcomes. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record in building and deploying complex analytics.
This role is fully remote within the US.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct deep research to understand how to measure the quality and efficiency of doctors
- Architect and deploy high-quality code that processes data from a variety of sources
- Own end-to-end development of data pipelines
- Collaborate with health economists to develop statistically sound measures of doctor performance
The ideal candidate has:
- 1 year of professional experience in an elite and fast-paced work environment
- A demonstrated ability to independently solve difficult problems and deliver high quality results to senior stakeholders
- A desire to write sophisticated code in Python and SQL for production systems. Bonus for experience with data architecture
- Strong conceptual thinking: the ability to understand complex systems and think in frameworks
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $170,000 annually. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.