Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a Contract Customer Service Representative to join our team and engage with Garner members to help them find the right healthcare for their needs, understand how the Garner program works, and assist them in getting their eligible claims paid. This role’s focus is member support via phone, chat, and email. The member services team acts as the voice of Garner, so you should be passionate about helping people and a proactive problem solver. In this role, you will become an expert on Garner’s product, operations, and the needs of our members.
To ensure that we have coverage for Garner users, Associates are expected to work a scheduled 8 hour shift between our operating hours of 8a-8p Eastern Time.
This is a fully remote contract to hire position running through end of January 2024 at a minimum.
- Delivering amazing service to our members via phone, chat, and email; offering education and guidance to help them understand and utilize their benefit as well as helping them find the right provider for their needs
- Following documented best practices for handling member inquiries; suggesting process improvements as you identify them
- Manage and organize workload using Garner’s platform and tools, including Zendesk and G Suite
- Triaging and escalating complex and urgent member care needs
- Retaining detail-oriented working knowledge of employer health benefits and insurance
- Relaying member feedback to leadership teams to improve Garner’s solution
- A passion for helping people solve their problems with an ability to think creatively and empathetically
- Experience working in a customer-facing environment with demonstrated experience staying calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of process-orientation, digital organization, and resourcefulness
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment; comfortable with some ambiguity
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system
- Enthusiasm for a role with room for growth
- A quiet and distraction-free work environment with reliable internet connection (ability to hard wire if needed strongly preferred)
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
The target salary range for this position is: $17-19/hour. Individual compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws.